Drummer from Hell / EZDrummer question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Demon, May 18, 2014.

1. Demon

Demon Producer

Hello all,

I've been wondering for ages about this. I have been using EZ Drummer for a while now, and I've never had a problem. But of all the files I downloaded, there was one folder called "EZX.Drummer.From.Hell",which was cracked by TEAM BEAT and released by TEAM DYNAMICS. For some reason I was never able to install that one, giving me an error, but I ignored it. Is DFH supposed to be a very old and obsolete version of EZ Drummer or just another EZX?

I ask this because I have never been able to install this EZX, and apparently it looks like this:

[​IMG]

(it looks a bit like Metal Machine EZX, doesn't it?).

I've always considered the blue kit "Rock & Pop" to be the default kit, but... am I wrong?

The reason I ask this now is because, in the pack of EZX updates there is one for "Drummer from Hell", but of course, I can't install this.

Any suggestions / help already appreciated; and thanks for your time!

Regards

Demon

3. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Thank you for your persistant help on Audioz! I made a silly(very) mistake during installation of EZ2.
    It´s my first shot on it, so can`t offer you serious help...
    1. Yes it`s just another EZX.
    2. Update works fine with EZ2[​IMG]
    3. I used Toontrack.EZdrummer.EZX.Drumkit.From.Hell.HYBRID.DVDR-AiRISO and no problem at all. Haven`t tried the other Metal EZX yet, but this one I love already.

4. Demon

Demon Producer

Ooooohhhh... is that DVD-AIRISO version available anywhere? Do you have it?

Thanks for you response!

5. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

How could I tell you about it? :bleh: Ahh...Rules?
    PM

6. Demon

Demon Producer

Tons of thanks for this, sideshowbob

7. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

That's "Drumkit From Hell" EZX, which is what I normally use. The only problem I've ever had with it is the snare, so I wind up using a Steven Slate "Rock Kit" Avatar preset in Superior for that. Fortunately, it's easy to slap together a custom kit in Superior to combine the two.

8. Demon

Demon Producer

Yeah, I have it now. I always had a bad release that I always ignored. Not a bad kit, the snare is a bit off, as you say. I mixed it with the "black beauty" in superior and sounds good!

9. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

EZX Drumkit from hell is too thin, kick is clicky, snare is spiky...

I would recommend "Metal Machine" (Andy Sneap) and "Metal !" :wink:
    I like Metalheads less.

10. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

I think that one you talk about is the first release that Toontrack did (well i believe they didnt even call themself toontrack back then)
    DFH drumkits from hell was NOT an Ez drummer library

Found this after a google from DFH drumkits from hell 2005 well Ez drummer wasn´t even born back then

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=149569

That was the first superior drummer

And this from KVR back in 2003 h**p://www.kvraudio.com/forum/archive/instruments/2003-12/31294.php

11. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

So it was "Drumkit.From​.Hell.Superi​or.VSTi.Hybr​id.DVDx-DELiRiUM"

It was a separate product, before being an expansion for Superior Drummer and EZ drummer ;)

12. Demon

Demon Producer

Pipotron, that must be why mine didn't work when trying to install. The actual ezx I have now works. Maniac, metal machine is my favorite too. I use it on everything!

13. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I have most of the EZX Expansions, and for whatever reason, MOST of DFH's kit is exactly the sound I'm looking for. Even so, I wind up running the kick and toms (and the Superior snare) through a drum buss and I Q the overheads and the hats, plus I have to tweak the kick and the hats to get the proper amount of room versus direct for my taste. I have not found one kit in any EZX collection that's worked for me without a decent amount of tweaking or taking parts from other kits. I'd love to find one that just worked for me on its own.

14. Demon

Demon Producer

I strongly believe that the whole tweaking is part of getting the perfect sound you may be after. I usually tweak a lot and save as a preset. I got tons of them!

15. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

A lot of people generally have all their VIs playing live and mix/dump to two tracks that way -- because of my slow computer, I usually dump all my VIs' audio to individual tracks, then mix everything as straight audio (which is what I'd rather do, anyway). You still have to tweak and mix and match to get what you're after, not to mention whatever you end up doing to the audio mix-wise, but I don't think there's really a "set it and forget it" VI or sample set out there.

16. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Demon another thread where you're requesting software. You can't request warez here, read the rules.

17. Demon

Demon Producer

Sorry Catalyst this is one that turned into that, without intention. Believe it or not, I'm still learning here.

Sincere apologies. Please delete this thread if you have to.

18. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It's cool. If you ever want to request something then do it on the other forum. I'm not going to delete the thread I just ask that you be mindful of the rules. Otherwise it endangers AudioSex and that would be a great loss for musicians everywhere.

19. evesixtynine

evesixtynine Newbie

I hear new EZD2 from our Japanese friends solves all these problems.
    key word unlocked

20. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

So long as EZDrummer 2 can load all my original EZX libraries, I might be willing to take a look at it. I notice they at least now provide most of the GM drumkit sounds -- in EZ Drummer 1, if you wanted a tambourine or a shaker, you had to also buy the "Latin Percussion" library. Also, they seriously need to standardize articulations from kit to kit. For example, you can only get a snare flam in DFH. No other EZ Drummer library I've come across has a flam, so, if you change your mind and switch over to the Classic or the original kit, you've lost that articulation entirely (I know, I know, plenty of people just manually program those ...).