Drum Sampler Recommendations Not Kontakt, Battery for building your own kit

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by korniceman3000, Apr 29, 2019.

1. korniceman3000

korniceman3000 Ultrasonic

Hi everyone,

Can you please recommend some drum sampler vst's like One Small Clue's Poise that allow you to use your own multi-velocity round robin samples to build your own acoustic drum kit as well as route each sound to it's own track. I know both Kontakt and Battery do this but I always have issues getting the kit to work properly. Also, I don't have Ableton. Poise is great but limits to only 16 individual tracks and I was hoping there might be a version that allowed more tracks.

Thank you for the help. It is much appreciated!
    Looking forward to the replies :D

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I've been into this whole VST thing for 2 decades and I haven't been able to find anything better than Poise and Battery for sampled drums. Everyone is mostly either just obsessed with doing a yet another hardware emulation of some synth gone by, or a drum machine that does everything but making you a pizza, which makes them too complicated and kinda creative killers to work with [Geist, Guru]. Poise is a really great VST drum machine, but I have some issues with it, so I stick to Battery 3.

If you use Reaper, you might find RS5K sampler very useful for sampled drums. Just make a FX chain template that's suitable for your needs beforehand. I sometimes find myself using it, more and more, actually. It can do round-robin.

p.s. I use hardware samplers for drums, and Battery just for ITB noodling. I don't really like the way it sounds. But it is the best ITB drum machine ever conceived IMHO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. stinker

stinker Newbie

FPC in FL Studio can do it. Velocity Layers, round robins, drum pads to different mixer tracks, etc.

5. Seckkksee

Seckkksee Guest

LinPLug RMV

6. alex921

alex921 Producer

Nerve all the way for me, if you learn to use it properly you can do some funky sh*T with only one break. Layering is what come on the other pads. Actually is a lot like the drum machine in FL, which gets praised a lot. IMO though youre better of with hardware, more immediate and more control over sculpting your sound