Drum Machines & Samples??

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Kloud, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Am trying to find the "Best" quality TR909 samples out there & would like any recommendations as to what people consider to be the best Drum Machines out there?
    Many say the 909 but would like to know some other opinions please.
    Would like to keep it semi-specific in that don't want to include software programs such as Superior Drummer and want to focus purely on Hardware Drum Machines such as the 909 or sample packs of those drum machines.

Any opinions are most welcome - :bow::bow: Cheers

3. electriclash

electriclash Guest

goldbaby

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. beatroot

beatroot Producer

Elektron Machinedrum,Akai MPC Series,Roland R8,Yamaha Series RX5, RX7 Etc,Roland MPC 909,Roland 303,
    Linn Electronics LinnDrum,LM 1,Simmons Series,Alesis Drum Machines,Kawai,Drumtrax,Sequential Circuits,
    Oberheim DMX,Emu MP7,
    Roland TR-808 among others:wink:

5. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

Korg DDM-110. It sounds a bit shite but it was my first drum machine so holds a special place in my heart. I've still got it 30+ years later.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I generally use raw sampled old drum machines from here: http://www.hexawe.net/mess/200.Drum.Machines/

I have them in all of my hardware and software samplers, but since they're raw samples I have to process them myself and that's what I prefer, anyway. :wink:

Otherwise, I like Wave Alchemy, Goldbaby, Big Fish Audio and old drum sample banks for E-MU, Akai, Ensoniq, Roland and Yamaha samplers. I feel pretty much covered. :cool:

I find samples easier to mix with than with software rhythm machines that don't use samples, like D16 808 and 909. However, if you properly process these, they can sound really good, too. D16 808 and 909 are the closest you can get to [expensive] hardware counterparts and even better IMO than new Roland TR series drum machine. :wink:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Thanks for the all the info guys and some good research for me to go do on stuff I not so up on :bow::bow:

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Actually I have more raw sampled rhythm machines than that, but I can't remember where I downloaded them. :rofl:

You know, old age... brain is running on reserve fuel. :rofl:

9. thiagooliveira633

thiagooliveira633 Newbie

Does anyone have MPC 2000xl mpc 4000 drum kits to send me?

10. LHO

LHO Ultrasonic

As electriclash pointed out: Goldbaby is super dope for one-shot samples! Ghetto Drum Samplers is a particular favourite of mine. Samples from Mars falls squarely into the same vein, though if I had to pick one out of these two, it would most certainly be Goldbaby. If you're willing to work with NI Kontakt, maybe check out Evolution or Revolution by Wave Alchemy. Talking of Kontakt, you could also get Electro-Acoustic by Soniccouture. It's got most x0x-boxes (no 707 unfortunately) and I really dig the sound-design capabilities. Good luck!