Drum and Bass One Shot Sample CD's/Downloads

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by ArticStorm, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

hey guys,

i started a days before with drum and bass - i found also lots of loops(freebies and a few sample downloads here).
    but slicing them makes them sounding a way to artifical.
    is it possible to put some links here to loopmasters, etc :) ill search for them alone.(you know where ...)
    looking forward to some good tips regarding that.

Artic!

3. Duu

Duu Noisemaker

The Industrial Strenghth BHK packs are good for hits.....Also the Loopmasters Friction and Icicle and Loxy and Resound packs....
    It's a case of sifting the gold from the crap of course.
    I know what you mean...I used to find that once you slice a loop,especially a drumloop, maybe shift hits around a little.
    You lose the vibe of the loop that attracted you to it in the first place!!
    This is where the layering and compression comes in.....I also find that shifting hits can sound 'not right' usually due to
    the velocity of the hits now being in different places in the loop, again making it sound different (i've just re read the last sentence and it makes sense to me...Lol)
    Another thing, if you start with a kick snare arrangement, get some movement in asap be it hats or a whatever....
    When you artificial at what point in the track are you at at this point???
    P.S...I would put links etc but I'm no good at all that business...I've just done a little search you know where and the ones I've mentioned are there!!