Dropping some display game for ya'll

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by mythimus, Mar 2, 2024.

1. mythimus

mythimus Member

I wanted to share this very useful Android app I bought the other day. So my primary DAW is FL Studio but this will work with any DAW.

So I've got two monitors hooked up to this machine, however, they're not the same size, resolution and one is alot older than the other. So I don't particularly like them next to each other. So what I've done for now is stuck a coffee table on my desk, and I've got them on top of one another, with the older more shitty monitor on top. However I've seen those fancy studio pics where the Chad has the mixer just like right in front of them, below their main screen. I can't afford this. I did however have an old Android tablet laying around, and for $14.99 (i think) i was able to buy a license for SuperDisplay which allows me to use this crappy Android 5 Galaxy Tab 4 as display! I can keep it hooked up via USB OR use my network and let me tell ya, I love it!

You can test SuperDisplay out but I think you have to buy it if you wanna keep using it. You can find the display server/driver via Google and its really really quick. Anyway, if you've got any old android phones or tablets and wanna upgrade you setup now you can! 429495549_1045878389844720_6224533884973878459_n.jpg 429933901_402950762384019_7032330685995378877_n.jpg

• Interesting Interesting x 4
    • List
  3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I'm using a neural interface these days. Best upgrade ever. :wink:

[​IMG]

Joking aside, tablets are really useful for controlling mixers, if you feel like you need that. There are some cool OSC apps for android tablets with which you can control Reaper's mixer or pretty much anything in Reaper. Of course, this one is useful for any DAW. Cool. :wink: Personally, I'm just using a lot of MIDI controllers (4) and listening while recording/mixing.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
  4. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

I stopped using tablet/phone for generating sound (apart Mooer GE Labs unlocked for peanuts to play guitar anywhere).
    BUT i like them as display/controller more and more.

Especially on Android devices, as Android totally SUCKS audio wise. I don't count how many troubles i got before dropping the ball (audio side) on Android.

Mouse and keyboard still rules as main computer inputs :wink:

Thanks for the tip :mates:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Can you use SuperDisplay offline, without logging into their servers?

How good is this compared to SpaceDesk? https://www.spacedesk.net/