Dropped a new track. Nothing Hurts...what genre is it?

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Lenny Belardo II, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Scroll down for Nothing Hurts and let me know what it is because I don't ever produce stuff like this. Maybe this song will explain why.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2021
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I like the way the vocal is done at around 2:25 vs the more prominent main vocal. I think that vocal may be too far forward against the reverb of the instruments. Did you already do a lot of vocal correction up until this point? How much creative license do you have on the vocal?

but those are just mix decisions, everything sounds great.

4. Thanks. I'll check the levels with fresh ears after a break. How's the midrange? I was aiming for "warm"

5. Vivak

Vivak Newbie

my honest opinion. The mix sounds fine but i the bass guitar is a little too loud and the top end is lacking a little. Maybe reference the mix in with a frequency analyzer? Try to have whole frequency spectrum as level as possible. The vocals sound nice. it has that pop characteristics. i am not sure what sound you went for but it sounds like the kick and bass guitar are ducking everything else including the vocals when they come in.

6. Vivak

Vivak Newbie

I would love to help you mix the song if thats fine with you. I have produced, mixed and mastered over 400 songs for clients till now. Not flexing but just tryna help

7. Yellow Raven

Yellow Raven Platinum Record

It seems you are the bass player and it shows (nice bass line all the way) but to me it sounds a bit too much for the track. kinda competeing with the vocals IMO. also I would've liked the snare to be a bit longer it is a bit too short and cuts abruptly as is.
    that is all I can say except that it is a nice track.
    well done
    cheers

8. Jayster

Jayster Kapellmeister

overall good mix. the relation bassline <> vocal is a bit off. roughly: turn up vocal +1db, turn down bassline -1db, maybe a bit lees on both values

9. vuldegger

vuldegger Producer

way too much compression on the master

10. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I liken the limiting/compression to this fellow's hairdoo, otherwise another nice Lenny cut.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Hope this is better. Just used a SSl style G comp.... the Townhouse from Plugin Alliance. 2:1 ratio threshold -7db, 2db makeup gain.

12. I'm not the anything player at the moment. My studio was damaged in a flood, so I am working on the kitchen table. Plus carrying my stuff out of the studio as water gushed in I tore the tendons on my right middle finger. So keyboards playing is out. I am making tracks with only my two index fingers and a pair of headphones.

13. Yellow Raven

Yellow Raven Platinum Record

I've seen the pics of what happened to your studio, it's heartbreaking. I hope you can recover asap. best of luck.

14. It will recover. I hope I recover too. Still no reason not to keep working.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2021
  15. Thanks for your offer. But can you please listen now and tell me if it's still got problems. The track above could need some input as well.

16. droplet

droplet Rock Star

the noise is at 51...