Driver for Reason 5

Discussion in 'PC' started by Biggarachi, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Biggarachi

Biggarachi Newbie

Firstly. love this forum. I generally have a question and can just search and find an answer, recently there is a thread about ASIO4all drivers and I have a question you masters may be able to asst. :(

Equipment:
    Dell laptop latitude d630 Win XP sp3 Intelcore 2duo 2.50GHz 772MHz 3.50GB ram
    M-Audio Keystation 88 & 61

Using the internal sound card

Running Reason 5. having a little Latency issue, running SigmaTel High Definition audio codec. if that's the driver I'm really not that computer savvy. but what ever I'm using it's not the best fit for me right now. not only do I have delay issues,(I perform live) I have a volume issue. getting the right volume it always sounds like I have the laptop volume, or the patch volume all the way up and the sound is distorted, I am assuming that this is also a result of the sound card. I tried to DL a ASIO4all never been able to find one that worked. even from cnet. I was looking at the polytec usb asio mentioned in the other thread or maybe I can be pointed in the right direction, with out spending a lot of money on new hardware/software...

thanks in advance

3. danfuerth

danfuerth Kapellmeister

Well let's start first by installing the latest Asio4all

h**p://tippach.business.t-online.de/asio4all/downloads_2/ASIO4ALL_2_11_Beta1_English.exe

since we can't use direct links please change the ** to tt

1.install it and choose "install offline settings" this is needed to get asi4oall configure
    2. DO NOT RUN ANY AUDIO APPS YET
    3. run the offline asio4all control panel ( should be on your desktop)
    once it runs on that screen you will see your installed audio devices, make sure BOTH are clicked ( or just 1 if
    you only plan to use one device). In there click the advanced button
    Now look at the left side of the panel look for any problems as if it wont work you will get a "unknown
    problem" symbol.
    So it it all works and you have no error messages on the left screen, click RESAMPLE to 48 khz, and fore driver to 16 bit the reason is this way you wont have problems after. Now slide the latency slider to 512 ( start with 512 minimum)

Now run your audio app and goto the preferences audio setup ( all audio apps are different) and make sure to select ASIO4ALL as the asio driver.

Do that first.....

4. Biggarachi

Biggarachi Newbie

Thank you the latency is gone.

I think this part is just I have no Idea what I'm doing

A: the Mic is on and feeding into Reason 5. didn't know it had a Mic input, but I don't need it due to the fact that I use this for my stage performance and the last thing i would need it the laptop picking up my voice, and feeding back into the system. which brings me to the other issue

B: still sound as if I'm straining the speakers, no, I'm not using the laptop speakers, but the desk top speakers I use are fairly decent and give me good quality and I never have that problem with my desk top, of course unless I do turn the volume to 11 (old reference)

thanks again for your assistance :wink:

5. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

What are you doing on a mic in Reason 5? Considering it doesn't support Audio, short of sampling. :dunno:

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i asked myself the same - lots of ppl have really problems to record and edit audio in reason.
    mainly using other daws for that and then mix it in simply.

they improved that with reason 6 a lot and merged with record.
    change daw or upgrade to reason 6.

7. Biggarachi

Biggarachi Newbie

that's just it. it was pick up the external mic off my laptop.

But I fixed it thanks guys?

Oh i went into Control Panel and shut off the mic