Driver for behringer U-phoria UMC22

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kuuhaku, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

I bought it and it arrived today, idk why but it's pretty laggy in my setup, like, I had to do A LOT of tweaks to it run "a little" better than just sticking the mini-jack to my pc
    I wonder if someone has an updated driver for it, I couldnt find any driver in behringer site
    Searching on the net I found one from 2009 but its pretty bad

3. SEnki

SEnki Producer

4. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

Clicking on the link just redirects me for the asio4all site, and it doesnt recognizes my interface as a driver

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  5. Plendix

Plendix Platinum Record

try find BEHRINGER_UMC_v4.59.0 driver, that one is decent and works with all umc interfaces.
    asio4all is fine for realtek onboard chipsets, and sure we can use that if nothing else is out there.
    but if companies even drop wrapping some dlls from the chip manufacturer into a gui, then I will send their interfaces back and
    if a lot of people do that dealers will unlist them. And maybe then manufacterers get the idea, it's not all about hardware.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

upload_2021-2-17_23-22-37.png When I try to open it it says that theres no devices conected, and my interface just get a "Audio codec" driver

7. SEnki

SEnki Producer

Audio codec is the umc22.

8. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

yeah Ik, but the driver is so bad, like, it lags as hell

9. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

I set up a behringer for a friend sometime back. I seem to recall you had to run the installer before you attached the behringer - only plugging it to the USB cable once the driver installer asks you to do so... at which point the installer then 'finds' the device and you're good to go.

So... uninstall the behringer driver and ASIO 4 ALL, detach/unplug the UMC22 usb audio, then re-run the behringer driver installer and attach it when it asks you to.

EDIT: IGNORE THE ABOVE - IT WON'T WORK. I WAS CONFUSING THE UMC22 WITH THE UMC202HD...

Note this telling remark made for this model on the thomann website:
    Looks like you need the BEHRINGER_2902_X64_2.8.40 drivers or a different USB interface - the behringer UMC202HD for instance has i believe a proper ASIO driver?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  10. Clayton123

Clayton123 Producer

It looks to me like Behinger just uses asio4all for the umc22 :/ Kinda lame but that's probably your best bet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

11. jefft

jefft Producer

My Advice would be to return it and get your money back, while you can. I had one of these and was never 100% happy with the software, this is after trying the Asio4all and the old Behringer drivers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

BEHRINGER is not very good for support on older products, I have a behringer UCG-102 usb guitar link which uses the same drivers and luckily don't have any problems on Win 7 ultimate
    here's a working link for the drivers, keep a copy in a safe place as they are extremely hard to find.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Behringer-ASIO-drivers-disappeared-m3294586.aspx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x4g21ed44wuhke/BEHRINGER_2902_X64_2.8.40.zip?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb8qdcng2gts8sl/BEHRINGER_2902_WIN32_2.8.17.zip?dl=0

13. DrumcodeX

DrumcodeX Platinum Record

I agree with that . I'm still using the UMC22 as a basic interface, along with that driver.
    Not the best in the world, but serves for basic needs.
    Found the driver/setup on a harddrive, attached...

EDIT: oops, @Strat4ever has been faster, anyway...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

14. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

I have this one, but its so bad, really bad, everytime I hit a 100% use (even when loading a plugin) it cuts off sound of everything and only comes back 5-10secs after

15. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

Is focusrite scarlett solo better? I want more stability

16. Ghaleon777

Ghaleon777 Guest

Hey man, i used the UM2 interface, which is a step below UMC22, and i had a strange issue with it... When i connected it to my generic USB port, i had latency issues, i was using the Behringer driver that was posted here, i could only use "Fast" as latency, which is 128 samples and if i tried to go to "Rapid" i had lots of noise, clicks, crashes, etc.
    Then i had the curiosity to connect it to my USB 3.0 port, and i could use "Rapid" as latency in the driver setup, which is 64 samples/2.3 ms of latency.
    So with this said maybe your problem is the USB port, i even tried it with a shitty laptop and i could use the minimum latency provided by the driver.

EDIT: With this said, i have better performance with my Realtek HD Audio soundboard and ASIO4All regarding latency lol

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. 9000k

9000k Producer

umc22, win10 and asio4all here, literally zero problems and my latency is ~8ms (inputs turned off in asio4all panel, they are unnecessary for me)
    wow, but 2.3ms latency? will try usb3.0 and this behringer driver

18. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

All right, after a day full of testing I found something that maybe useful for another users who experiences or have experienced it.

The driver "BEHRINGER_2902_X64_2.8.40" is way worse than the actual "Usb Audio Codec", the driver that Windows 10 itself installs when you plug it to your computer.

The best option I had is actually using it with Asio4all, for 2 reasons:
    1- Asio4all + USB Audio Codec is more stable, opening a pretty heavy project with it, my CPU usage is show as 90%, and when it hits 100% it doesnt clip, it just pauses everytime it have to fill a buff and then comes back, when using it with the "Behringer Driver" it shows CPU usage as 98% most of the time, when it hits 100% it just mutes and gives you no response at all, audio that are playing is completly lost, including notifications and any other audio, also, ASIO4ALL can play the entire project without any lag click or clip, behringer driver stop soon as it meet the first guitar + drums.

2- Behringer Driver is so buggy, If I hit 100% for 2 secs it will bug whatever audio I play out of FL Studio, even if I close FL Studio it will still buggy, the only way to fix it is restarting the computer. (the "bug" is that it clips with no reason whatever you play until you restart your computer)

So If someone asks me if I would recommend this interface for audio reproduction, I'd say "No"

19. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

Exactly what I'm doing right now haha

20. 9000k

9000k Producer

lol, it seems like you need more powerful pc, I doubt any interface can improve daw performance by much... unless it's something like uad with their own plugins and dsp boxes
    interfaces mainly help with reducing latency
    what's wrong with asio4all? as you described, it seems to work fine

21. nctechno

nctechno Kapellmeister

use these drivers, dont connect the device before you are prompted to, will only work on the usb bus you installed it

BUT will work with low latency

http://recordingstudio9.com/about/download/

edit: the first drivers on the site
    Behringer USB ASIO Drivers (For Zenyx Q502USB, Q802USB & Q1002USB Small Mixers)

edit 2: just saw that you tried them already, please try to reinstall because they definitely work, deinstall everything and dont plug in the device before setup