Drift Correction question (mac os) 2 audio cards combined

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by juliaprado8801, Mar 20, 2024.

1. juliaprado8801

juliaprado8801 Ultrasonic

can someone explain me why when you combine 2 audio cards and the drift correction is on..
    has to be.. it cuts 2 khz above? it does not picks those frequencies? and if there is a way to record those frequencies? while combining 2 cards? with Drift correction ON.?

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 9.36.49 PM.jpg

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

You should have them setup using Aggregate Device properties in MacOS, and that is where people usually find their problems. https://support.apple.com/en-us/102171

You might want to include your macOS version and DAW you are using, which audio interfaces, clock sources, sample rates, any digital connections to either interface? I haven't seen it do this per se, but this kind of problem is going to originate at mostly the same sources.

4. juliaprado8801

juliaprado8801 Ultrasonic

they are both behringer audio cards.. m1 sonoma logic here latests.. all.. this hapens with other audio interfaces too.. not only with behringer.. presonus.. etc usb 3. or any connection is used is the same... when Drift correction is ON on the second one.. the one that follows .. it always cuts those frequencies automatically. if drift correction is off it records them.. but it is a mess and unusable..

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Go to Utilities, Audio Midi setup, screenshot it. hit the + at bottom left of window, create aggregate device, select your interface 1, and then screenshot it.

You need drift correction checked off for both devices. if you have mismatched settings in your interfaces software, it will impose the lower setting. i think. In your sound preferences, you have to make sure you select Input - Aggregate device. Some people with problems mention switching to 96Khz fixing many issues. I can't experiment with this as I only use 1 interface again. Even when I was using two, I just used them separately.

This is one of those easier to do if you are looking at it sorts of things. Did you have this working correctly before? There are some strange posts about Sonoma lately.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  6. Myfanwy

Myfanwy Platinum Record

Drift correction means sample rate conversion to sync two separately clocked devices. Low pass filtering is a normal behavior during SRC.