Drag and drop onto Ableton

Discussion in 'Live' started by Bunford, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I can't do this at the moment because I am running Ableton as Administrator. I need to dothis because I have some jBridged plugins that I use. However, it's a pain in the ass to not be able to drag and drop.

Anyone know of a fix/workaround? Maybe able to run Windows Explorer as Administrator by default so both Explorer and Ableton 'match' in terms of both being Admin?!?!

3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I'm running Live as admin for the same reason and am able to drag and drop MIDI and audio.
    What format of files are you trying drop?

Add the directory to Places in Live and use Live's browser.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  4. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

He means drag&drop from the explorer.
    Of course it works within Live.

5. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

https://explorerplusplus.com/

...or a similar file explorer replacement. Just make sure to run it as Admin.

More options.
    • Freecommander
    • Multi Commander
    • Explorer
    • Xplorer2
    • Xyplorer
    • Directory Opus
    • Total Commander
    I linked explorer++ because it doesn't require an install. Simply run (as Admin).

6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

There are ways to run explorer as admin but doing that for extended periods is not recommended.
    When explorer is elevated, any program you run with it will also be elevated.
    This isn't always cool.

7. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Just add the folder in the live browser? That way you can audition the tracks/media. EZ and done

On a different note, why wont ableton let me audition midi throught a vsti instead of the crappy default tone they use? Or at least, where is that tone located at, and can I replace it with one of my samples? like a piano or bass gtr note, or could like change it on the fly so it pertains to the midi you're demoing?

This and multi midi clip editing are the only things I can find wrong with live after using it all these years

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016