Downloading Ableton Content and Packs after installing R2R etc...

Discussion in 'Live' started by sisyphus, Jan 30, 2020.

1. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

Well there you go... I finally updated my damn OSX, and finally was able to install Live 10, but they changed something from the V9 days where you could download the additional content direct from their site.

Obviously I just have what was included in the OG install, and I can see all my Live 9 stuff, I just obviously want to get the Live 10 (free) additional content that says included etc... as I said before I could easily with v9, but v10 it seems they got smart and made it so you had to do from within the app, which is obviously something I can't do on one machine, as Ableton is obviously blocked with Little Snitch etc...

Would the solution be to install a "trial version" on a different machine, and then download it from there from the app trial itself? and then hopefully they will exist as .alp's or whatnot that can be shuffled over to the other machine?

(hate to bother you @Pinkman , but I bet you have answer for this....;) )...

appreciate the help guys.

edit: got it figured out, just installed trial on another machine, downloaded all requisite new packs, and now will commence the fun job of merging old with new and organizing...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Sorry for the late reply, brother. Glad you got it sorted.
    Sister site has a lot of it too.

4. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

Thanks my friend, yeah I have legit 9 and will go legit 10 next time the sales roll around, I kinda missed it last time, or was buying a bunch of other stuff at the time...

It's ridiculous I have waited this long to even update to Sierra, but I had some projects in progress that I didn't either want to jump ships on in the middle of, nor did I have the time to deal with the headaches (hell, just updating firmware on all my Roland devices etc took almost a day (facepalm)... but being so behind for so long, it is somewhat inspiring to get all the new updates and toys...:).

5. bmolc

bmolc Newbie

Hi. I am newbie.

I installed live trial and now downloading packs. Should I install them in Live or should i move the packs to the nasty one without installing

6. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

What I did, was I installed a "Trial" version on one machine, and used it to gain access with an ableton account to the free packs and whatnot that I desired, THEN i brought them over and installed them on the K'd Ableton 10, as it is authorized and patched to accept their installation. That make sense?

7. bmolc

bmolc Newbie

Hmm, so you downloaded them by your web browser. now i am dowloading the packs in the Live app. I have to find where they are downloading or, I will download from web browser...

edit: I found the folder. .alp files are in there

Windows: \Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Ableton\Cache\PackDownloads. Mac: /Users/[YourUsername]/Library/Caches/Ableton/PackDownloads

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  8. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

If you version is already K'd and patched, I wouldn't download them from the Live App, rather I would do it from the website, and then port them over... if you are still running a trial, it should be fine, just as long as you know the location of where they are downloaded.

9. hansvw

hansvw Newbie

I am new here, and no little about mac OS. I want to use my windows Ableton on my i mac too, but I am not able to install the R2R map in my apps folder on my mac. Anyone out there who is able to help me? Thanks !!!!!

10. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

Yeah, you are going to have to install the patched mac version, look over at the sister site as there are more clear instructions there on how to install on OSX contained in the downloads. You can't just run a windows install from r2r on a mac... (well you can if in bootcamp or whatever.. but there is more to it... you can't into OSX)

11. hansvw

hansvw Newbie

thanks!
    I have the mac os version, but I can not copy the r2r map to my hard disk. the imac keeps telling me I do not have the permission to do so....even if I change these settings......frustrating!

12. HeiA89

HeiA89 Newbie

hey guys i want to download the ableton packs as well, but i only have the already keyd version of R2R on my mac, and thats the only machine i have. so is there any way for me to get those packs?
    oh and what sister site are you guys talking about?