Don't Believe Everything You See

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Evorax, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

[​IMG]

support and buy from your local shops and local farm shops and also grow your own, that's what me and my family do :mates:

4. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Great to hear it!
    I also buy food from a local farm here which is ran by their family members and they still work their products the classic way, everyday with their cows on the grazing to pasture with shepherds, taking also every bit of advantage of their lands, even paying and offering shelters to homeless people in exchange of taking care and feed their animals and planting seed stuff, etc. I was amazed to see so much determination with absolutely no extra special machines you would usually see in the abusive "natural" factories.

5. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

+1

I was brought up in farming and have also worked on several farms, I guess i'm lucky in understanding animal husbandry and arable food production, and how the so called supermarkets exploit the system for their share holders profit :snuffy: :mates:

6. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Damn.... my mother works for more than 10 years (if she didn't changed the job since) on a chicken meat and eggs factory and i was shocked to hear how fast they grow (mechanically) a little chicken to the "ready-meat" stage. She even used to bring home some fresh eggs which absolutely no single piece of these eggs contained less than two yolks. I was like..."damn, what kind of chicken race they rise there :dunno: " .

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

By the way this isn't just limited to 21st century farms but also to "organic" which is another bullshit term created to get even more of your money. For example organic pesticides have been shown to actually be much worse than regular ones.

Also the funny thing is that the same thing can be said for all your governments. The only way they get away with murder is because you all look the other way.

8. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

My father is not perfect but he cultivates most of our organic food with 3 cardiac surgeries and will not talk more because I do not know the name of operations in english :rofl:
    A work a lot with him (usually doing things he dont like to do. 100 of birds, 300 chickens (and we eat all - so do not me searve chicken again!), 30 dogs and even exotic big birds and little pigs.
    The animals now are just two dogs (and we dont eat them) but the fruits and vegetables still help a lot with my health...
    The vegetables and fruits we can consume it all, so we give a lot to our friends.
    The health is a problem but alienation too.
    We understand the alienation of someone that do not know how to play music and only use loops, he only will do more expressive music when start to play.
    Same problem with the food: most of people do not give the rightt value for organics because do not know the efforts to do.
    Obviously we cannot know all but things related to health its our obligation. :wink:

9. NOTHING is ever as it seems, and this idea is at the very core of our sense of reality. We create as we go along, buying into the group consciousness (we all do to some extent) like herd animals just following our noses in an effort to fit into the group. Consensus might be a good starting point to justify most people's acceptance of things that are not really good or healthy for us like tobacco or factory food, but since our "leaders" allow and offer up poison in the guise of happy sounding meals and negatively mind altering television entertainment, this is what the new world reality is shaping up to be, an incredibly toxic cocktail of bad air, water and land. There will always be others that do not buy into this hysteria and are branded heretics and the like, but we keep on coming to educate and to rouse and to wake an otherwise unsuspecting lethargic majority who have let themselves be hypnotized into obedience. Milgram and his obedience experiment is a basic in every psych 101 but people seem to chalk it up as something quaint and unobtrusive while the "reality" is quite disturbing as a tool of those in the know.

10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

That's one of the reasons why I'm vegan. It feels so much better and I'm healthier than I've ever been in my whole life, even when I was a vegetarian. Dairy is poisonous to your body and you don't even know it. Not to mention all the food people are so used to consuming, like animal's flesh. You only realise it when you're off of it for a month or two. I think the best decision I've ever made in my life is to not eat or drink any dairy products any more. Well, soy, rice, almond, coconut milk is so much more tastier after all. For me, it's really hard to understand people who would still drink cow's milk. Is it the case of a lost mother in childhood or something? It must be very psychological because it just doesn't make any sense to me. Milk from cows, grown ups drinking it... doesn't compute. Why milk from cows after all? Why not elephant milk, for instance? Don't you ever ask yourself a question like that? You just consume what everybody else consumes?... herd mentality, no logic, no reasoning, no self awareness, only when it comes to money, fame and looks. Shame. Shame for the human kind and our so called "civilisation". It's rubbish, not civilisation.

Try watching this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4

11. uber909

uber909 Member

So true. The next question is why...

I used to try the vegan experience for six months (actually, hard core raw vegan to be precise), then I start to realize it's kind of bullshit if you're disconnected from reality.
    What I mean is depend on where you live, you can't eat everything all year long.

So the question is... do I eat veggies and sustain the global supply industry (with supertankers, pesticides and stuff) or buy locally, support my neighborhood and instead of eating WHAT I WANT, just stick to WHAT I CAN.
    I don't think mongolian tribes or the inuits had the luxury to choose what they could eat when it was all about survival. Native americans used to eat buffalos, where they bad people ? I don't think so...

The problem is the profusion of our society, that gives everyone of us the feel of being free to do whatever we want, totally disconnected from the basics of reality (even if this term is subjective).
    It is complex because we're at a very advanced stage of decay, so when in doubt, I just ask myself what is the human thing to do...
    I don't eat this or that because it's good or I like it, but because my neighbor sells it. Eating is not only stuffing your body, it's also a social action. It has been for ages before TV makes us forget.

That's the reason why I moved to Asia years ago, I couldn't stand what my country was becoming and had no power to change anything, so I guess I choose survival.
    And I think that's the main point, you have to make a decision on where you live first, then what you'll eat will come naturally... and guess what, I eat rice :rofl:

PS: SineWave, don't misunderstand me, I used to enjoy the vegan experience a lot (still no dairy in my body :wink: ), but I just couldn't avoid the questions I mentioned above.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. pht23

pht23 Noisemaker

@uber909 nice point you have there.

I still remember the energy rush from not eating flesh for two weeks. it was a suprise really.

13. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

Haha, another video for this topic:

14. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

The question to ponder is what can one trust? If the universe is a matrix and we are just rats in a maze?

15. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

This thread is from 2014,look the date.

16. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

Fair point KungPao, we might be rats in a mace. it surely feels like that at times.

Trust is something to be earned. not given away
    Trust nothing that you havent experienced your self.

to know something is to have experienced it. then you can trust yourself in what you have just experienced.
    unless its a hallicunation ?! or that your high on something, it does feel "real" no? :D

i dont have any answers, im still searching.

17. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Trust isn't something I've experienced on this forum, and it urges me to hesitate one exposing my Sonic ideas... Again with the drugs, what is it with this group? Lol, my VI's are running so I'm back in the lab

18. pht23

pht23 Noisemaker

Well didnt see this coming. This forum sure has some weird way to link to way to old threads apparently.