Dolby 361 with CAT22 Card (and mod)

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by kolutshan, Nov 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kolutshan

kolutshan Member

Hi there,

Von_Steyr mentioned the Acustica plugin version in this thread: https://audiosex.pro/threads/yes-there-is-a-magic-plugin.27427/ and I got curious about it. Unfortunately the plugin crashed Cubase all the time, so I looked at ebay to find a working unit with the Cat 22 Card bundled. It took me only a month and I got the whole package for exactly 100 € (the seller was even from the same city as I). Today I recieved everything and I couldn't wait to start the modding of the Cat 22 Card. It was really easy, all you need is a soldering iron and a pincette. You'll find the instructions here: http://www.foxrun.org/361_mods/Dolby Cat 22 mod_2.pdf
    After it was done I connected everything proberly and started Cubase. In Cubase I added the Dolby as an external effect unit and made an effect channel to send a dry (and very muddy/bad recorded) vocal track into it. Boy am I blown away! This thing rocks! It is like lifting up an old dusty blanked from the whole vocal recording and it just sounds very ear pleasing to me! Im eager to experiment further with this great piece of vintage hardware and can't wait to record a new track with it!
    Von_Steyr is absolutely right: "this baby is magic!"

Here is a picture: (on the top under the MS20 mini)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Awesome!:)
    Nice rig.I need to get me a dolby unit as well, they are so cheap and so worth it.

4. kolutshan

kolutshan Member

Thnx :)
    I really have a room problem at hand... to many devices and not enough space mixed up with chronic G.A.S ;)