Does this type of sound-manipulation plugin exist????????

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigwords, Sep 23, 2023.

1. bigwords

bigwords Ultrasonic

So I'm trying to figure out whether there's a plugin that manipulates the signal in a way that takes a portion of the source audio and loop it based on parameters you set (free, bar, 1/2, 1/4, etc), similar to granular synthesis. I guess pretty much LFOs and envelopes, except it necessarily has to have the key trigger for the loop, so that every time you press a key, however you configured things will start (based on you how you decide to sync things), and, say, if you play a different chord or key, it starts again clean and begins the looping thing again. I'm also trying to do this with other things, like filters and other parameters.

If you guys could point me in the direction of plugins that do any of this, I'd be very, very grateful! It really needs to have key triggering, where when you let it go, whatever you have set will start from the LFO's loop's beginning (which should be no settings applied).

Basically, lol, I had a dream that I was using some tool on Nexus (as an effect, not a VSTi) and it was making my patches evolve when playing, and I could link all types of parameters to LFOs, and they'd loop everytime I played a chord. It was the sickest thing I'd ever heard. In my dreams, right? lol

Thanks, guys. I hope this doesn't sound too dumb.

Edit: Btw, I tried doing this with a filter using the modulation in Nexus, but it never allows me to key trigger back to the unfiltered signal; instead, when I press a key or do a chord, it's already like 40-50% filtered, which is not the desired result I'm looking for. I need it to play the LFO when I'm playing, stop when I'm not playing, and loop kinda from 'dry' signal to 'wet', start to finish (not the LFO continuously going even when the DAW is stopped and there's no input).

Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
  3. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Are you asking for a looper?
    Try Audio Damage Enso

4. bigwords

bigwords Ultrasonic

That plugin looks like a cool, fun tool! But that's not exactly it. I'm looking for a way to manipulate VSTi's with another VST. But anything that allows me to do any of what's described in my post is of interest to me. Thanks for that suggestion. That record in and loop feature on that sampler looks very fun and inspiring.

5. ItsFine

ItsFine Platinum Record

Akai FlexBeat
    Gross Beat
    stutter edit
    breakt weaker
    Dblue Glitch
    Shaperbox 3
    Devious Machines Infiltrator 2

Take a look

6. justwannadownload

It seems you're asking for two different things. One's recording and looping audio, as you said initially, and another one is a virtual MIDI controller, of sorts? If there's such a thing, I'm unaware of it, but also interested.
    Closest I can think of are MIDI sequencers akin to HY-SeqCollection2.

7. justwannadownload

Actually I just remembered a closer fit for the second case. Sugar Bytes Obscurium. Lets you load a VSTi, controls certain parameters with sequencers. Modulated sequencers.

8. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

My favorite is MRhythimizer i use MRhythmizer by Melda production its like shaperbox and halftime all in one for the type of stuff u saying above it will take care of that greatly

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. clone

clone Audiosexual

I think you would like Arturia EFX Fragments for this. It is a granular FX looper kind of a thing. You can send it audio from audio channel or midi instrument. If you want to add things like this infront of a vst instrument, you are looking for MFX (midi fx). Plugins like Xfer Records LFO Tool and Cthulhu, Shaperbox, Nicky Romero Kickstarter, TATAT, Dialog Audio Signal Processor, Sugar Bytes Thesis, Songwish ReMIDI2 MFX, Venomode Phrasebox, and others mentioned above all have their own features. There are hundreds of them.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
  10. bigwords

bigwords Ultrasonic

So far, these are some great tools!!! Thanks everyone. And not necessarily about the recording part. I'm trying to create loops of LFO modulation and trigger them (I guess similar to some of the tools suggested so far in this thread, and maybe the one you've suggested too. I'm gonna check it out in a second! Thanks!!!). Whatever causes audio -- vst instrument, maybe a vocal -- I wanna be able to accomplish this type of triggered tweaking. It'd be nice if every VST instrument had this capability by default. I understand that wanting to do these things will require multiple different tools.

11. bigwords

bigwords Ultrasonic

whoaaa

12. bigwords

bigwords Ultrasonic

Yoo, this is nuts.

13. clone

clone Audiosexual

Arturia make some nice effects, but they tend to lean towards vintage emulations like they do with their synths. I was suprised they make that one. I was looking for an alternative to this guitar pedal thing (https://www.hologramelectronics.com/product-page/microcosm) for someone:

[​IMG]