Does this exist?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Giggity, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Giggity

Giggity Platinum Record

A platform to upload your song and singer/vocalists write lyrics on it and you can audition among them?

In more details:
    I want to post my songs to a website and have bunch of vocalists or singers sing on it and I wanna audition those and pick one?

3. Giggity

Giggity Platinum Record

Here's what I have found so far, but I think there's gotta be something else out there that is better:
    • Vocalizr.com
    • Demomysong.com
    • Airgigs.com

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Grok

Grok Producer

Why not trying here, too, posting your songs and see if someone would like to sing on it, and if you would like to hire one ?...

I assume that the sites you mentioned host paid singers, you would have to pay if you want one.
    It begins à $5 though
    Expensive
    Cheap

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

these rap singers asking $ 1000 for an auto-tuned voice tho :bleh:

however, good option if you're a small production on a budget :)

6. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Whoa nice one, I didn't know about airgigs. Really cool site! I assume most of the singers have their own policies regarding royalties and rights?

7. You're entering into a minefield of performing arts rights with this. I know lawyers who could hardly count at the thought of unwinding all those complexities. Basically the lyricist becomes immediately the joint owner of the composition.

8. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Seems ok actually. Clearly says seller understands that it's a work for hire, as long as you sprll out befotehand, and you can also use your own contract also.

From the agreement:
    Unless clearly stated otherwise in the Service description text, it is intended that at the time a work is delivered, the seller grants to the buyer all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the seller as a work-for-hire under the U.S. Copyright Act. However, any assignment of copyright is dependent on an agreement between the buyer and seller in which the seller transfers all rights in and to the proceeds of the seller’s Service. It is up to you to know your rights. Again, a transfer of copyright from the seller to the buyer is dependent on the seller and buyer signing a contract. Airgigs.com is not liable for the buyer or seller’s lack of obtaining any such contracts.

9. It doesn't say you can use your own contract, it says you must. You will need at least a pro-forma waiver template and a work for hire requires a contract and fee (however nugatory) to be paid, otherwise it's not work. Try looking at what happened to the composition rights of Robbie Williams "Angels". That's how a waiver works.

10. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

There was a clause immediately following my copy that mentioned you can use your contract. Definitely looks like the terms need to be clear and signed beforehand for sure. If the seller feels like they are doing most of the writing for their parts I'm sure it will reflect in their fee or possibly writers credit. But with your agreement in place it's solid.

11. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Wasn't it written by Guy Chambers ? What's the story you are implying mate?

12. Another person, I forget who, plausibly claimed he was another joint author of the work and Robbie Williams paid him a sum (IIRC £7,500) to waive all and any claim against the credited writers. This guy took the money and ran, which tends to undermine whatever validity his original claim had. It's the example of the use of the waiver, I'm referring to.