Does the Newest Waves Release for Mac Work in a Legit Version of ProTools 11

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by lyric8, Jun 14, 2014.

1. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Does the Newest Waves Release for Mac Work in a Legit Version of ProTools 11
    i don't use Protools but i'm asking for a friend he is Buying Protools 11 for Mac and wanted to use the Waves Bundle that is out there Thank for any Help :wink:

3. asad12

asad12 Platinum Record

If you are asking about the latest R2R release, no they don't work in PT 11 unfortunately, but there's a solution that your friend may find useful.
    There's Nomad Factory Magma that can load VST's. It's on our sister site. I do this in my work and they work without a glitch.
    I don't know how powerful his system is but Magma is kind of CPU heavy.
    There's also Blue Cats' Patchwork that he might find useful. It's only $79 but worth it.

Good luck

4. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

thanks asad12 i didn't even think about Blue Cats' Patchwork thanks he is getting a used Mac pro so i dont know how much cores it is but i think if he can Buy protools 11 he can pay $ 79 :wink: thanks

5. CaliReign

CaliReign Noisemaker

There's also Metaplugin by DDMF that works good too. It can wrap effects or synths in AAX format. Magma can't do that if I remember correctly. I believe Patchwork said it could but it would crash PT11 every time I tried it, but that could just be something I might've done wrong.

http://www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=3

There's the link to Metaplugin.