Does sonnox plugins using openssh work with Mojave?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mmmmusic, Nov 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mmmmusic

mmmmusic Newbie

Can anyone confirm if they are using Mojave and have the sonnox plugins working using the openssh method? I'm thinking of upgrading my OS but wouldn't want to lose the famous inflator! Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. baldman

baldman Ultrasonic

I have all the openssh, including sonnox working on Mojave.

4. mmmmusic

mmmmusic Newbie

How did you get them to work? I just installed Mojave and all the sonnox plugins don't work. Did you have to reinstall them? Thanks for your help

5. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

win version ?
    :hillbilly:
    forgive me OP--just one time thing :mad:----ignore me pls

6. baldman

baldman Ultrasonic

I’ve since moved on to Catalina, so the openssh method doesn’t work, and I’ve uninstalled all those plugins. As I recall, I just disabled Gatekeeper and SIP, replaced the .dylib file in user/bin, rebooted and it just worked. You might want to try the process over again from scratch.

7. darealgenius

darealgenius Noisemaker

I also have all the openssh plugins working in Mojave. I originally moved from Sierra to High Sierra to Mojave and everything just worked, I actually was surprised, however I haven't been able to duplicate this method on other macs already running Mojave :facepalm: Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 9.50.18 AM.png . But I know it can be done

8. Creme

Creme Kapellmeister

when you instal Sonnox plugin place the instaler on your desktop first , then instal.
    also, you need to disable the SIP before instaling (if it's not already done)

9. mmmmusic

mmmmusic Newbie

I got it to work! Not exactly sure what is essential to make it work, but this is what I did:

1) Disable SIP
    2) Copied libstdc from the libstdc_10.10.2.7z from the SonnoxOxford1.0.0-2.0.1.rar pack
    3) Copied crack and followed instructions from the H00K-Antares.Auto-Tune.v7.6.8.AU.VST3.MacOSX-Adobe-patched pack

Maybe it works for Catalina...

10. Grater

Grater Ultrasonic

Hey there,

I'm on Mojave also but haven't gotten it to work. Did you just copy the crack to the ilok folder without patching the plugin in the component folder?

11. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

@Grater I don't think the .dylib file/libstdc goes in there; it goes in user/bin etc, where your normal .dylib file is. No "patching" involved in openshh method, afaik. The 'crack' is the .dylib.
    Good to compress and save your original file somewhere just in case!
    Mine have worked across several (cloned system) software updates too.

12. Grater

Grater Ultrasonic

Oh, so you actually replaced your original dylib? All the other plugins work with the Openssh without replacing the system file, except Sonnox

13. mmmmusic

mmmmusic Newbie

Yes you have to replace the original dylib and patch the plugin in the component folder. My guess is that the extra step of adding the ilok crack folder from the H00K-Antares.Auto-Tune.v7.6.8.AU.VST3.MacOSX-Adobe-patched pack makes the Sonnox plugins work.

14. tomazzzi

tomazzzi Member

I advise you to keep a backup copy of the original dylib instead of replacing it.

15. Grater

Grater Ultrasonic

I replaced the original dylib file and made a backup just in case. I heard a few comments on how some apps are affected by the modified dylib. Thanks guys!

16. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Oh sorry, I must have been thinking of Softube or another Openssh venture, because I couldn't recall a patch with Sonnox.
    Sonnox, Softube, Sonimus. I get confused sometimes!

17. Sergex

Sergex Newbie

Hello everyone! Good afternoon, I know it's been a long time since I last talked about the openssh method to change the openshh .dlyb, but I've been doing the new method without modifying the original system's .dlyb and all the softube v works. 1.3.10 except Sonnox Solid State Logic v.5.1.1 that according to some audiosex dictate that it works perfectly but in mono. I am in OS X Mojave 10.14.6 I would only need to work Sonnox Native because Solid State Logic I think it will be quite difficult ... thanks and greetings again to all!

18. R&B-Lover

R&B-Lover Noisemaker

is there anybody out there who had success to run the Open SSH iLok cracked Plugins on an M1 Monterey Mac?

19. Grater

Grater Ultrasonic

dont think they work anymore bro.

20. Yeni Slade

Yeni Slade Newbie

Someone on an Altiverb Mac post said they had it up and running on M1 Ventura, but I haven't been able to find any info on how it's possible.

21. R&B-Lover

R&B-Lover Noisemaker

would be great if someone who got it work share more infos about how we can run those plugs on a M1 Mac