does someone know where this kick drum sample is from?

Discussion in 'samples' started by highwind378, Jun 16, 2023.

1. highwind378

highwind378 Newbie

hi all,

i watched a lot of videos of the dj and youtuber/streamer eliminate and found that he had a kick drum sample named "Pump Kick.wav" that stood out imo. i asked him on stream a few days ago if he knows from which pack he's got it from (he doesn't remember) and said that it's very old (probably early-mid 2010's). i managed to get it by downloading a yt video from him and cutting out the kick and bouncing it. however i would really like to have the original sample. its in the attachments (for reference).

thanks

Attached Files:

3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

If someone gets this I'm going to be highly impressed! AS often comes through though.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

it's such a generic filename, this will not be very easy. You can rule out Kick2 from your 2010's date. It would probably be easy to find a very close match using the one "copy" you have, an extensive sample library to check against; using a Sample Manager program like XLN XO, or Sononym, Atlas, etc. If I had to take an absolutely wild guess, I would go with Vengeance Essential Club Sounds packs first; because of how popular those parks were/are in dance music productions. And then ISR Industrial Strength Records packs for the same reason.

5. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

i was about to say Vengeance, yeah.
    check maybe the Electro packs.
    are you sure this is from a pack and it's not processed in any way? it sounds pretty full, strong.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

It could also be pitched, so even when you find the right file it will sound different anyway.

7. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

You can analyse it and make your own in any synth and it would be faster and more productive than finding the exact sample.
    Kicks are so easy to synthesize.

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

The copy he already has is not even that "bad" anyway. You could put it into Kick2 as a "Click" and just layer on top, as well.
    But the challenge can be more fun than using it once you find it. Like being able to find one specific grain of sand at the beach. (i.e."google hacking" with advanced operators,etc). It's not always just a silly kick sample that you are looking for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. canbi

canbi Kapellmeister

its any pitched up "thud"/hip-hop kick with decimation filter

sounds somehow similiar to:
    • VEH3 Kicks 058
    • VAD Kick Hard 093
    • VAD Soft Kick 023
    • VEE2 Bassdrum 017

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023