Does extending my laptop monitor to an LED monitor affect the CPU load ?

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Medad, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Medad

Medad Newbie

Hi,

Does extending my laptop monitor to an LED monitor affect the CPU load ?

Thank you ! :)

3. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

I am going to assume that your GPU is part of your CPU and if I am right the answer is yes.

4. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

the answer is no, even if the GPU is part of the CPU, because in fact they are separated.

Extending your laptop monitor to a monitor will not affect your over-all performance as long as you're not playing games or working on videos,

CPU handle programs, GPU handle everything you see on your monitor.

the only thing that is going to affect your laptop performance, is your CPU or GPU getting hotter, these two will automatically down-clock 'em selves in order to cool down 'em selves.

5. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

So the answer is still Yes then, because the cpu\gpu will get hotter and you will notice a slight difference depending on what appz you are running but it shouldn't be anything to worry about. I used a laptop connected to a 22 inch for years and never had any problems except when it came to games. Just make sure you have a good laptop cooler and things will be alright

6. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

In fact, no it doesn't. Multiple monitor configuration does not stress the GPU hardware more than single config, only more GPU memory is required, in dual monitor config, both running at 1920x1200, you'd need approx. 64MB.
    CPU/GPU load will stay the same, only GPU may need a fraction of a watt more, nothing to really worry about. CPU stays unaffected.

7. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

I could have sworn having a Voxengo Span opened on the other monitor was slightly slowing my computer down. humm maybe it was just me...

8. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

Practically? No, under normal circumstances(everything work as intended(drivers, software, hardware, cooling system)) should not.