Does Cubase Pro 9 come with some good instrument/beat sounds?

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Vakuya, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Vakuya

Vakuya Newbie

Hello everyone! :)

I am quite new in this forum, so please excuse me if I'll be asking some newbish questions.
    I've been producing some general acoustic music with either guitar/piano and vocals for the past couple years on a YouTube channel, using Cubase 5.

Now I really want to get a little deeper into virtual instruments and samples and all that other stuff that I don't know a lot about yet.

After listening to some music on YouTube from Conor Maynard, Alex Aiono and William Singe, I've found that this is the sort of style I'm currently aiming for. It's a mix of acoustic elements and modern beats.

I really want to stick with Cubase because I like the way the DAW works. The integrated solution for pitch-correction (VariAudio) is also something I really don't want to miss out on. It's the only good implementation I've found so far and while Melodyne might work a little better in some situations, I find it really cumbersome to use in comparison to VariAudio.

The real question though is, if getting Cubase Pro 9 is already good enough for that kind of work or if I'll have to get something like a sample library for this to use with Cubase 5 instead. I'm just wondering what kind of software these dudes are using to get their beats on point. Is it something big like Kontakt 11? As a student I can get some discount on Cubase Pro 9, not on Kontakt 11 though.

I really just want to know, where I can start with this. Thanks in advance!

3. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

4. derivative

derivative Guest

5. Vakuya

Vakuya Newbie

I was actually smart enough to take a look at these before posting here, but thank you anyway! What I want to know is, if I'll need another sample library / VST / whatever for that type of music. I just honestly don't really know a lot about creating music with virtual instruments and samples at this point.

Komplete 11 looks like it would contain everything one would ever need and more.

6. MMIKKESS

MMIKKESS Newbie

In my opinion the best thing to do is to buy Cubase, mess with the sounds included and then buy what you need from there, such as sound kits, sample libraries, vsts etc.

7. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

If you are beginner at this cubase is enough. but it depends on your genre. Komplete 11 may be overkill for your genre,600$ ; but if money is not a concern go with it. You can buy separated vsts that you need and decrease the expenses ,for example go with Kontakt 5 that is 400$ and you can also buy it on discount events
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-5/library/

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  8. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister