Does anyone use melda production plugins?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Audioware, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Audioware

Audioware Noisemaker

Does anyone use melda production plugins? there are not talked about on forums very much, I think they're amazing, you can get really complex results, essential if you do sound design

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

MDrummer is my secret weapon.

4. I dipped my toe in a few years ago to gauge the temperature of MPowerSynth but it was too cold to my liking so I stepped into the Zebra jacuzzi which was warm and toasty and more to my liking. I really enjoyed the sound of that big baby but I couldn't get with digging into window layer after layer, that is if memory serves me correctly. Stunning sound though.

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

MeldaProduction plugins are pretty awesome!
    Edit: I come from a "no GUI"-background, as in Jeskola Buzz. So I'm used to the user interface. Others might not be, and can't overlook that and see past it.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Thanks for posing this question. A few of the Melda effects plug-ins I find particularly useful and better than other brands', but what prevents me from really getting into them is their GUI design. The controls are too small and kind of "stiff," and the text is too small to read on a higher-res display. Melda's GUI design is distinct, but it stinks.

7. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

A lot of stuff is extremely super, but the rest varies from "not so bad, good start, but should be revised" up to "(really) good".

8. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

I don't like them. I think they sound generic, like hurried up cook book stuff. Also, I absolutely hate their UI.

9. Elvistraceur

Elvistraceur Member

Meldaproduction is unbelievably good, but their GUI makes me dizzy.

10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I am still wrestling with the ugliness of these plug-ins, but I recognized that they are fantastic and forked over $50 to get rid of the nag screen on their free bundle. It's worth several times that. The flexibility of those plugins is bar none the best I have used. With respect to the types of plugs in the free bundle, anyway. I can't say anything for sure about the upscale stuff as I haven't used it. But if you need a chorus, or a ring mod, or whatever, it's awfully nice to have built in meters, macros, A-J snapshots, modulation options, etc etc etc.

However, I don't see myself buying many, if any, of their actual 'paid' plugs. Many of them are just multiband versions of the free stuff. I can achieve that with a frequency splitter in an Ableton Rack. I may pick up the convolver one day if I ever decide that the one in Trash 2 is too limited for my liking.

Afterthought: MXXX looks pretty ridiculous (in a good way), if a bit unwieldy. Again, I can basically achieve what it does with Ableton Live, but good is good, and it most definitely is that.

11. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I gave their effects a run and despite that it sounded fine to me, I kept getting back to Waves because of the GUI.
    I also tried Mdrummer for some time but finally got back to my usual suspects (Superior Drummer and Stylus RMX).

Nothing's wrong with Melda's stuff, even the opposite but I'm just already satisfied with other products and apparently I'm not too eager to leave them.

The same goes for Studio One when comparing it to another DAW but that's anotther story...