Does anyone make techno or tech house (or anything else house-y) with MAGIX Acid Pro?!

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Bunford, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I remember using Acid Pro back when it was a Sonic Foundry/Sony product, albeit to make a couple of bootleg mashups, as it seemed to be the go-to tool for that back in the 2000s. However, I never really dabbled with it much beyond that. Just wondering if anyone (either on these forums or professionals) actually uses MAGIX's Acid Pro (now at version 11) to make music at all?

3. Free Agent

Free Agent Platinum Record

As someone who is GenY, yeah, I used Acid Pro to create a fairly simple beats based on loops and one-shot drum kits, but then I switched to Cubase in the beginning of 2000's.

But,yeah, I mean Acid Pro has significantly changed since then. To my way of thinking, the most current Acid Pro is already like Reaper.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

I used it until V3, and they made changes I couldn't put up with. Then Cubase SX got cracked, and I never tried Acid Pro again.

The ways I use Logic now are very similar to how I used old Acid Pro. Most of it related to Time, and using Properties in an Inspector.

5. nopenopeaudio

nopenopeaudio Ultrasonic

I briefly tried out acid pro and it felt pretty clumsy to use. Perhaps it's really good if all you do is work with samples but other than that all I can say is "it's not for me"

6. loveriuz

loveriuz Producer

i was actually thinking about this very thing myself. As the noob I am, my question is, what up2date DAW in 2023, is similar to the old Acid Pro way of cutting and pasting and drawing loops? ?? What do you guys think? I liked the workflow....but then the world changed :unsure:

7. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Back in 1998-99, I used it exclusively to paint loops from my collection into the arrangement view until something interesting happened. Changing the meter, pitch, etc. Now, ya got me thinking to install the new version and use it for that sole quick purpose again! Modern DAWs can do the same thing, but ACID was so quick and easy to use with loops.

8. melodia

melodia Newbie

I actually purchased the previous version (two years ago), but I had frequent crashes.
    So I only used the Stem Maker.

9. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Funny story, I have a close friend who is a well known ambient producer and I taught him how to navigate through Acid Pro when he first started making music. He used Acid Pro for years and refused to upgrade until I managed to convince him to look at Reaper since they share a similar layout and workflow. Always makes me wonder if Cockos was inspired by Acid Pro when making Reaper.

10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I used Sonic Foundry Acid Pro along with Cubase SX and later 5, but I replaced both in 2007 with Reaper. I remember Reaper developers saying Reaper being based on Acid and first Reaper was quite like it so I went with Reaper instead. Acid got bought by Sony anyway.

So I stopped using it before Sony and then Magix bought it. Same thing with Sound Forge. I continued using last version of Sonic Foundry Sound Forge for quite a while and then succumbed to last Sony version in mid 2010's which is the version I still use for editing samples and sending them to my hardware samplers.

I fondly remember those times when I used all these nice programs: Cubase SX which I replaced with v5 as soon as AiR cracked it :) and I used it for a long time until ~2007, ReCycle, Sound Forge, Acid Pro, Wavelab 5. :) Can't believe I've been using Reaper for 15 years... man, time flies. :(