Does anyone have unmodified diylib file for 10.10.5?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by protools, Oct 10, 2015.

1. protools

protools Newbie

Hey all I have been an audio z user for a long time. I have been using the modified diylib file for yosemite and it has broken access to some apps I use. I never made a backup of my original file and now I have to do a full re install of osx if I want to fix my system. Something I don't feel like doing. Wondering if ayone has the original diylib file for 10.10.5 osx they can share. That way I can get my system back to normal. I don't use any of the plugins that require the modified diylib file so it's not a big deal to me. I just wanted to check them out.

Thanks in advance!

3. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Hey Protools, tell me what files should you need and i'll upload 'em for you as i didn't touch my system.

4. protools

protools Newbie

It looks to be just the "libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib" located in the usr/lib folder of your mac. To use certain openssh plugins you must replace that file with a modified version, which makes other programs in osx crash upon opening. The plugins are still not 100 percent stable, when using this modified file, and I don't even need them.

this is the file. I might need the two files under it too, not sure. but definetly that file highlighted !

Thanks!

[​IMG]

5. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

i also have them lmk if ya need , make sure to repair permission from downloaded one first
    I've been in that pickle and installed OS X on my other HD , just to grab few files, or delete kexts that locked me out booting

6. protools

protools Newbie

If you have the file let me know, that's all I need. ever since I replaced that file pro tools acts funny with certain plugins, crashes when using others and sometimes theres a loud click or pop when i render a file with offline bounce!

7. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

8. protools

protools Newbie

9. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

No Prob glad i could help :wink:

10. protools

protools Newbie

your the man!!!

11. mapjay

mapjay Member

hi protools! i have installed the daylib k' on several systems, seemingly without issues...

So i was wondering, besides the pro tools glitches you mentioned above, what other programs/apps are having issues with this k'/patch?

your info could be very useful for us, thank you!

12. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

Adobe Audition and a couple others. You can temp place the original dylib back to run these other apps and then put back as a workaround if you want.

13. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Can you explain in detail how to do this? You mean temporarily replace the dylib?

14. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

Yes, I have switched the backup "original" copy of this file (back and forth) with the altered one with no ill effects.

15. protools

protools Newbie

Pretty much all adobe apps crash or become unstable after modifying file. Also makes newer version of lexicon pcm reverb / effects crash in pro tools. I noticed some popping of audio in playback using pro tools recently too, this may have been related to certain plugins behaving funny due to modified file. I put back original file but this did not stop audio popping, although it stopped adobe crashes. Decided i would need to re install osx completely, and its good I did. Im running a hackintosh, on this new reinstall i switched to clover bootloader now, and osx runs much smoother than before!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  16. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Once you replace it, do you have to shut down the computer immediately again and restart everytime? Or was that just for the first time when we installed the modded dylib?

17. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

I think it was ok right after as long as no audio apps were running but I'm not 100% sure.

18. Snill

Snill Kapellmeister

I'm using modified "libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib" 10.10.2 in El Capitan, no any issue.

19. mapjay

mapjay Member

Thank you @protools and @Snill for your responses! i have not noticed Adobe stuff crashing (they are patched with amtlib.framework), however i rarely use any adobe anything, besides photoshop cs6 which seems to run just fine. installed modified daylib on many many system partitions, from snow leopard to mountain lion, mavericks and yosemite - all daw and plugins seem to be working ok with it.

anyone else have any issues with modifide daylib, causing any other problems? thanks in advanced for any info!