Does anyone have Presonus Faderport software?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Bunford, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I've just purchased a used Faderport and got it today. However, that barcode underneath is torn and the majority of the serial is missing, meaning I can't register it on My Presonus to download the software.

I'd just rather download and installed the latest drivers and firmware from Presonus rather than letting Windows find the drivers automatically and I am too impatient to wait for them to respond to my email next week.

It would be fab ifyou could upload here as a.zip or point me to somewhere I can grab the software!

Cheers in advance to anyone who can help :rofl:

3. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Best Answer
    yep. I uploaded it here for you, however, once you do the firmware update to 1.3.8, i'm pretty sure that it does not need a driver anymore. But, registration for SONAR requires some weird *.dll registration in WINDOWS DOS command prompt.

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/oHJfuvrH/file.html

I've included OSX & WIN firmware updater, and SONAR *.dll, and ABLETON instructions.

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It works really nice with Studio One and even better with Reaper and 3rd party driver from here.

Enjoy! This thing is really handy. I'll use mine until it falls apart completely.

5. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Huge thanks for this. Got it up and running now thanks to you! Much appreciated @bluerover

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  6. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I noticed the pretty nifty integration with Mixbus when looking it up. This was the video:

Seems like it gives you easily editable options to give essentially 2 shift functions for many of the buttons based on short press (latch) and long press (hold). Does this come as standard with the Studio One integration too? Not had a chance to properly test it yet.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  7. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I don't use Studio One. Too inefficient and unstable for me. I like to work without interruptions. Therefore Reaper.

8. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Hmmmm. Not sure why but I just can't get on with Reaper. I have tried a couple of times in v3 and v4 but I just don't click with it for some reason. I've only recently switched from Ableton to Studio One too asI wanted a more fully fledged DAW for non-electronic stuff. I know Ableton cando that, but I'm a very visual worker, particularly in terms of inspiration, so things like Ableton's mixer doesn't inspire me at all and I never use the session/clip view window. As I'm starting to do more film/orchestral type stuff aswell as electronic stuff, I just think other DAWs are better suited than Ableton.

Might give Reaper another try some time....

9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I get you, no worries. If your priority is workflow then Studio One is better for you.

The catch is, when you get the Faderport it starts to make decisions for you. :) It's either Reaper that has a really great driver for it, Studio One that has a pretty good driver for it [it's weird that it's worse IMO than Reaper's 3rd party one], and you have a pretty good driver for Renoise. and Cubase. With other sequencers you can only work in a Mackie HUI mode with it which is rather limited, and if they support it at all. That's one of the reasons I'm still with Reaper because it really is the best choice value/performance wise of them all. :wink:

10. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

.... or maybe not? I love this... does anything happen by accident? I think I'll be looking out for one of these after
    your endorsement of it's functionality with my fave DAW..

@Bunford mind to tell how many quid you scored yours for used...? I'll start there..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2017
  11. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I paid £65 used for mine.