Does anyone have/know a good deal for reFX Nexus?

Discussion in 'Selling / Buying' started by xXDayDreamerXx, Aug 3, 2016.

1. xXDayDreamerXx

xXDayDreamerXx Ultrasonic

Hi! I was going to do a study that would pay $200 which would've allowed me to buy Nexus or a DAW, but sadly the study was full so I'm only at $100 now. Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on the latest version? Thanks a bunch!

3. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

reFX has a sale for Nexus one time per year, in December. I don't know how big the discount is though. Worth subscribing to their newsletter and put some cash aside until then. I am in the same situation - waiting for the xmas sale for Nexus :)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Weasel

Weasel Ultrasonic

Why would you spend money on Nexus at all? Way overrated. I'd save that money and use it for something else. (well, in your situation I'd just use it on hardware and get some cheap/free software or cracked, and pay for it/donate when you are in a better spot)

5. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

Nexus is not bad, but what they are doing with expansion is insane.
    Nexus 2 Complete with all expansions €3.879 and they are jsut saying it with a straight face and a "buy now" button.

WTF???? It is basically the most expensive VST instrument on the market.

If the basic version was 200, and the complete pack was 500. I would understand. But that, it is sick.

6. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Manuel (the developer) says this is intentionally so the people would carefully select what they are buying in order to be sure they will actually use the presets. The complete package is several thousands of presets...

7. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

By the way, @xXDayDreamerXx Vengeance-Sound is planning to release a new synth in December. Some says that is feature-overkill, but I think it can be the only synth you will ever need to create entire tracks. And knowing Manuel's style, the default preset pack will be a high quality one.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

Omnisphere 2 has 7540 Patches :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. mono

mono Audiosexual

@xXDayDreamerXx
    I would save up for a DAW when you get the chance again as it is or will be the backbone of your work,
    you can also try the Team AiR nexus if you dont have it yet what had lots of packs to mess around with.

10. Tonatos

Tonatos Newbie

Why you need this f...g ...t nexus? ALL what you need you can get in Omnisphere 2 !!!

11. WolwerineBlues

WolwerineBlues Platinum Record

Well mainly because of ram memorie usage Omnisphere 2 is mind blowing but when i load it up it takes over 1 gb ram, on the other hand nexus takes what? small amount of ram!

12. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Here ya go: https://refx.com
    I've met personally Manuel before. They [ReFX] don't have a sale until christmas time. They also don't sell Nexus2 anywhere else but on their own site. Anyone selling Nexus2 outside of ReFX.com is illegal & they have had a history of suing people for that (and there is evidence of it on the internet, trust me, I've seen it). The only way you can buy Nexus2 is on ReFX.com. The price you see there is the only price available. Other ones like on eBay where someone will be selling Nexus2 for $50 or whatever is them selling the ancient Team AiR release on a disc & they'll say it's for mac & windows, it's only for windows.
    If you wanna know what Nexus2 sounds like, have a listen to some of my music at http://soundcloud.com/claytonsfriday
    90% of the synth sounds AND drums/percussion sounds you hear is via Nexus2.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
  13. Impressive

Impressive Guest

So if you'd like, I'll sell you my Nexus2 License - autographed & toe-printed by me - for $87,500.00
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

14. Tonatos

Tonatos Newbie

HM, mb you need upgrade RAM or PC etc? $3,879 - awesome PC configuration+omnisphere2+beer+girls!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

Team Air+Jbridger (or FL Studio/Reaper/Bitwig/Any other 64 bit Daw that natively supports bridging) =P

Honestly, I'm totally with you in terms of really liking Nexus. It's a fantastic Rompler with meat and potatoes type sounds, that being said it's totally outdated, totally playedout and if you're going to pay for a rompler you should get Omnisphere or Trillian. Soft synth wise go with Serum, I think I read on another thread that they are offering through splice for 9.99 till you pay it off, you really can't beat that and it sounds in most ways better then nexus2 does.

16. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

Check out Lethal.

17. xXDayDreamerXx

Got that already I think- I absolutely love it! :3

I've been using FL lately just to test out Nexus, I'm pretty certain what I have is the the Team Air version but I'm not sure. Thanks for the advice! I was looking at Serum recently, looks cool. And that is a great deal, thank you very much!
    Will do~

18. Montgent

Montgent Kapellmeister

I didn't read any replies to your original post, but Nexus gets lame really quick. It has sounds that are on everything else, and it's no good for your outlook on music. I know you like to make stuff that is unique to you. You can make any of the sounds on any other soft synth. I have never been happier than when I deleted Nexus off of my hard drive.

19. Montgent

Montgent Kapellmeister

I don't use Omnisphere anymore, but boogiewoogie is correct, Omnisphere has all the Nexus sounds and then some. And there are far more parameters than Nexus=more options.

20. xXDayDreamerXx

I just took a look at it, and while it is mighty impressive the price tag is a bit high for me.. I might just start out with Lethal for now, since it seems to have what I need but I will be looking further into both. Thanks for letting me know though and keeping my interests in mind!

21. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

If You want rompler for less, try AIR's Xpand!2. It has 2500+ sounds and on sale now at pluginboutique.com and cost only 1$! Even it doesn't sound like Omnisphere it worth to try!