Does anyone have a windows laptop that works well with apollo twin mk2 (thunderbolt)?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Nomadelife3, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Nomadelife3

Nomadelife3 Noisemaker

I apologize for my english (mainly translates with google translation).

I just bought an audio interface apollo mk2 and a laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon) to take advantage of the thunderbolt port but the sound is shit (distortion, clicks, pops). I have already cheched on many other forums on this subject.
    I don't want to buy a macbook, I'm not an fan of . And I know there is other interface better than the apollo twin out there that works very well on windows.
    I'd just like to know if there are people who have windows laptop that work well with the twin (thunderbolt). If so, what pc do they use?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

3. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

With the latest UAD software installed, launch the console and click on the settings button at the left bottom of the screen. In the hardware tab, set the Buffer size to medium at 512 and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, switch it to 256 and see if you still experience pops or clicks (the lower the buffer size, the more likely youll experience pops and clicks).

Im running an Apollo Twin USB on an ASUS ROG laptop. I usually find 512 to be the optimal setting for my system but it will vary from one user to the next.

4. Nomadelife3

Nomadelife3 Noisemaker

I tried to change the buffer size, still not working. I uninstalled and reinstalled the UAD driver, but it would work by moment and after a few minutes it begins to crack, pop and distort again while displaying youtube or the DAW.

5. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Have you checked the support site for solutions?
    https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/215733823-Apollo-Twin-Thunderbolt-Windows-Compatibility

Is the Thunderbolt matched? (ver 1 to1, ver 2 to2, ver 3 to 3). If not, do you have the proper adapter?
    Which generation of the X1 Carbon do you have?
    Did you check the Lenovo support site for updates & trouble shooting?

6. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Windows laptops always had this kind of problem and it is know to happen, it is mainly chipset/controller problem not having enough bandwidth,

let's start by setting buffer to 128,
    try again after each one of the following steps:

Disable Lan network card.
    Disable Wireless network card.
    Disconnect any external devices.
    Disable dedicated GPU.

There is also the solution of installing mac os on your Laptop and it usually solves the problem in 80% of the cases.

i'll be here to assist you more.