Does anyone agree with this EQ move using Shreddage and amp Sims?

Discussion in 'Rock, Metal' started by garyg199, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Platinum Record

@garyg199 do you have anything uploaded that we could have a listen to, at all?

Here's a clip of what I'm working on right now:

It's still a work-in-progress. This is using Heavier7Strings with Pod Farm. Well, the guitars, at least. Everything's programmed.

I've been trying to find a way to make the notes slide into each-other with H7S, but so far, no luck.

2. Hitchenson

Hitchenson Member

about eq before hitting the amp, i found that the "Grind" Pedal is basically low shelf cut up to 750Hz

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Trent Reznor's pedals. There is another older photo while he was making Fragile [or Downward Spiral - memory tends to fail you more often as you grow older :rofl:], with a huuuge heap of pedals on the studio floor. Man, that photo is memorable, shame I couldn't find it. Pedals are the really great shit. I love them although I don't use a real guitar any more. I'm doing things similar to Xupito, ITB guitar, but with a combination with OTB FX if I think that's needed.
    [​IMG]
    Great advices in this thread. Especially when working ITB you should use a LPF and a HPF, EQ cut 1 octave at around 2-4kHz a few decibels to make some room for vocals, snare, and kick transient in the mix, before going to pedals and amps sims or hardware.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Good God! With this many pedals, I'd be as lost with them as I am with plugins. I'd forget I had certain gear too.

I'm always on some never ending Chex Quest rediscovering old plugins as if they are new going "hmm I forgot I bought this months ago, lets use it now because I bought it"