Does a nice Picture improve a Mix like French Kitchen?? Your Advice

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Delord, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Delord

Delord Member

Hi all,
    What do you think? Some of us melt melodies with colors in our head. Does this fit the pic?

3. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

I think pictures help. I mean, I believe it's all connected anyway. It depends on so many factors and I lack english communication skills otherwise I'd love to explain what I think.

If you already give me a picture linked to a song, then most likely I'd say "yeah it fits", because I never heard it without the picture. Anyway enough babbling let's hear and watch :wink:

There's a girl singing, and that's cool because there's also a girl on the cover. But there are two girls actually. The "dancefloor" one seems younger and of course it fits better with the model. Not so much when the other one sings.
    I'd say pink/blue/violet/purple colors are the best for this kind of electro modern songs. Cold but still bright colors, instead of warm hot colors. You know, because of the electro sounds and stuff.
    This one is a bit softer though. I don't know why you said "electro chic" (I'd have said electro chicK to attract boys ^^), but how about putting a more elegant girl, with some dress or stuff, I don't know I'm just babbling.
    Pic fits? Yeah, but there could be a picture that fits even better out there

I don't know what to think of the song. Sounds like something they'd put in an electro compilation or you'd hear in a spot, ad in TV. Although a bit repetitive because of the samples. Not bad of course, but not my stuff

Good job :wink:

4. For me, only for a moment does it seem to matter. It makes no difference to me if the image fits or not. After the first 10 seconds or so it makes no difference to me. On the other hand, it there is ano image associated with many different songs and I would need to make a decision based on those images, then yes, it would certainly inform my decision. However, if the image was incongruous to the image after I began listening I could imagine that it might color my opinion negatively, a congruent bolstering. You might set up a study and see how it holds up to your own idea on the matter, you have many members to use as a data base here at this site and as well as at any other places that you haunt that would be open to a bit of polling.

5. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

My 1st and only video is terrible. Working on my video editing skills a little more before I put out another song that way, but I thought it was better than just a still picture with lyrics, and some of the other basic ones you see. I really just wanted to get something on YouTube for people who don't listen to music without video and see how many plays it got compared to SoundCloud. I really think putting my songs to video may be something I should delegate to someone with more skills than me. I don't enjoy that kind of work as much as I like tinkering with audio. Hard to make something really nice without spending some money. If you have a good song, a good video will help get it noticed, but unless it is somehow offensive, just getting something out there is better than nothing. These guys make videos cooler than their songs. lol Lot of money and people with skills. Here's my piece of crap. Ok song though, I think.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  6. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Yer video is way more interesting moosh, the other was basically an indoor firework show without fireworks, musta taken all of 5mins to come up with the idea and then a shedload of dosh to make it happen............ and yer music ain't making my ears whistle bleed as One Moment did, which is always a good thing.........but coming after it made yours initially sound a little weak..........bloody loudness wars have a lot to answer for.

We used to have schoolbooks with pictures on em when I was young.........don't see so many on the books I read these daze.

Yer right tho, nice song.

7. Your's is AWESOME! So is Bob!

8. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

Music is suitable for Church of the Subgenius functions and inducing moments of sublime slack.

9. Most suitable, and a welcome reminder of many smiles and grins from my nostalgic past. Sublime slack, indeed!

10. Delord

Delord Member

Your Answer is perfect ;-)