DOE: Madonna rough mix

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Dorsia, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Dorsia

Dorsia Newbie

Hi guys,

This is my first electronic/house track. I would love any input on the mix and ways to improve. Thank you for your time!

3. reticular

reticular Kapellmeister

Congrats on the first track!

Have you intentionally went harder on the top end?
    This is what Izotope Tonal Control says
    [​IMG]

There´s a vst i think AirWindows called ´monitoring´ which has a "slew" parameter, that i find can often be a great tool for picking up hihats, otherwise musically i think the track is pretty cool, specially how the rythm gets to breathe after mid bass and lead notes loose focus, pretty dope.

Good luck!

4. Dorsia

Dorsia Newbie

Hey reticular,

Thank you for your time and input. Could you explain a little more about the plugin you mentioned? I am unfamiliar with the technique you mentioned but it sounds really useful. I did not try to overcook the high end but apparently I did! Whoops. I will have to run tonal balance and listen more closely next time. I appreciate your input and thank you for your compliments! I'm working on my next track and should have it up next week.

Stay tuned!

Cheers

5. tripey

tripey Ultrasonic

this is a fun track! A lot of space i the beginning of the track. Yeah the top end is quite a bit as reticular says.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

What EQ are you using on your individual channels, and are you high/lo cutting everything that makes sense to cut?