doe - disco/house track tracking/editing stage

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by clone, Dec 14, 2022.

1. clone

clone Audiosexual

Hello,

I have updated this with the finished House version of the original disco song now. This is the completed version.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
  3. reziduchamp

reziduchamp Platinum Record

Think you nailed the arrangement. Stays interesting to the end

4. Uprock

Uprock Kapellmeister

Sounds to thin where's the bass?:unsure: & monotonous. Maybe needs a breakdown with some filtering fx

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. clone

clone Audiosexual

The sneaky marketing scheme is to make a adequate disco track, and then do a house remix of it. Rather than crate digging for samples to make disco house, I tried making the song I'd rip. I have a theory this is how the house remix almost always ends up better than the original, and how did they ever find this sample? guesses. Maybe they just make both. I turned on the Grandmother and it spit this out one day. I'll put the other version with it after I make it. I have a list to fix too, but it's not complete yet. thanks for checking it :)

6. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Sounds excellent, especially as a track to build with.

Some very minor choices that might or might not be of use.

Some of those transients especially on the guitar and synth stacks are ohh so very sharp, but for the intended purpose of using this track to build an other that is good and an ME would round those off anyways.

Some of the FX and interest noises get buried behind the keys and main dance melodies.

A bit of sacking happening between 300Hz and 800Hz in an otherwise very balanced track with very linear frequency balance.

Excellent work and more importantly superior quality work for the purpose intended which a track to build an other track with.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  7. clone

clone Audiosexual

Thank you for listening, and the analytical listening on top. I sent you a DM about it. But yes, the mids area was where I was definitely having the most trouble Eq'ing (and I resorted to throwing some Shade). It's where most of the parts from the GM live, and I think you are hitting on a point I can learn from. Since most of those parts were played in as layers, as the GM is a mono synth; I should probably have been eqing and maybe doing even small compression of them on the way in? A lot of it is mush I need to fix. I'm going to go back to the disco copy and fix these things when I'm less sick of hearing it but this may just be some simple subtractive. :)