Doctor Doubledrop & DanceMidiSamples Psytrance Remix Contest

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Doctor Doubledrop, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Doctor Doubledrop

Doctor Doubledrop Noisemaker

Dr. Doubledrop rmx contest is started!

CONTEST RULES

1. Contest runs from 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time ("PST") on 12/20/13 through 11:59 PM PST on 01/20/14.
    2. Multiple entries allowed (once per day)
    3. Track must contain at least 3 presets from the presets pack
    4. Track info on Soundcloud MUST contain the following to be valid:
    -Must be tagged with "Dr.DoubledropRmxContest" & "DMSrmxContest"
    -Track must include the following text in the description:
    This is my entry for the "Dr.Doubledrop & DanceMidiSamples competition"

PRIZES

One Grand Prize winner will receive all the 2013 Doctor Doubledrop Producer Tools release with an approximate Retail Value of $200. One Runner up and the one that refer more friends sharing this contest will be able to choose two products to taste from the Doctor's producer tools released.
    NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.

Original track:

Soundcloud

or youtube

Go to contest!

HAPPY REMIXING!

3. Pm5

Pm5 Ultrasonic

that: "3. Track must contain at least 3 presets from the presets pack"
    I don't mean to be a hater, but a remix contest where using this or that synth and use some presets to enter is quite lame...

4. Doctor Doubledrop

No prob my frien.. for sure no one will be my enemy writing what he think in this good way :)
    however I love this synth because is really popular, easy to use, really cheap, and U can obtain amazing sounds from it.. so.. since I've made this track using only Vanguard (plus samples groove and only 1 other .wav FX) I need that people use at least 3 presets.. is not difficult use 3 of the presets that I've included in the rmx pack, contrary I think that it would be too easy use only the midi files.. plus I hope that people like to try new good sounds for Vanguard :)

5. Pm5

Pm5 Ultrasonic

ok

to me , just a midi + presets isn't really a remix pack. I think the fun part of doing a remix is making something else... psytrance uses very distinct kind of sound, so... an arped bassline should give, just another psytrance tune. I prefer when remix give some very different style.

6. Doctor Doubledrop

umm.. for me it's a good rmx pack.. I really hate the most number of contest that give the stems like the rmx pack.. stems eat lot of memory in the project and U can't modify them as a preset.. I had not write that people need to use the midi files.. is only an optional tool I gave to people to get ideas from if they want..and I don't know if U have take a listen to the preset bro.. but really.. a bro that is at the beggining of the music production is able to insert in the track at least 3 of that presets too.. :)
    but I really like to know other thoughts from other people.. what can be do a best style for a next rmx competition?

7. Doctor Doubledrop

Hi xsze! ther is a reason if I've created a competition for Vanguard.. I can say U that is really not passed as U say.. my vanguard banks is actually the most of my sales.. everyone have vangurad and I've created really nice sounds with it for the psytrance.. I know that there are really better synth now.. massive one of them.. I've created really advanced synthesis presets that sounds too cool with it.. but no much sales for them.. maybe to complex??? hope that people open their eyes.. or better ears XD.. soon. but this is the reason for wath I've created this comp.. :)
    however yes it's a demo of one my bank and I choose this one because in my opinion using only vanguard is a really nice result.. I've used only vanguard and FL studio plugin for it :)
    but.. for sure for the next competition I'll give to the guys an artist track.. maybe one mine or maybe other if I find someone that will accept the proposal.. :thumbsup:

p.s.: Merry Christmas! :)

8. Doctor Doubledrop

Yes.. reading your reply I can say that U are absolutely right.. maybe one day I'll release something like famous patches.. :)
    however thank U for share with me your opinion bro.. really appreciate it :thumbsup:
    have a nice evening and hope to see U again in other thread! :)
    namastè!