Do yourself a treat and listen to, "Treat Yo'self"

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Funk U, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

Hi Audiosexuals,
    So finally, I have the tools -both hardware and software- to start honing in and refining my mixing skills. As such, I finished working on a few tracks this last week and i am posting them for review and for others to play back in other systems to help spot any problems i might have missed.

Thank you for taking the time and if you think some problem needs to be addressed by me, please be specific so that i may quickly fix it.

Cheers

3. DJK

DJK Rock Star

mixing skills? really where is the kick drum lol:rofl:

4. Menorah

Menorah Producer

Bad mix.

The kick is almost not heard and the voice has too much presence in the mix (among other things).

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Sorry man (honestly), but this sounds like some people, who mostly can't sing at all, perform in front of a bad radio.

6. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

I like the song itself... but its a very untidy mix... very difficult to hone in on any one section or even understand what is being sung(rapped)... and its sorely missing a bottom end...

7. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

Sounds like you had fun.

Never stop never stopping.

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

An artistic attack toward mixing. Now I'm getting what those mix guys are talking about.:rofl:

Besides, Awesome! Assembling all those belongings deserves a floral tribute but please don't ruin it. It's for the whole community, for people who share their songs.:winker:

FT.jpg

9. There is no quick fix. The double vocal needs to be sooo much tighter besides the singer sounding tone deaf, there is no bottom end, I hear what seems to be phasing in the mids, the guitar part is rhythmically challenged and ... so I think that you need to start from scratch. I also think that you should, if you recorded the guitars, learn a little about mic placement and as well use a reference track to make an attempt at emulating a song that you think sounds in the direction you would like to go.