do you use serum custom waveforms

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by samsome, May 13, 2020.

1. samsome

samsome Guest

do you use serum custom/drawing in waveforms

i'm trying to improve and understand why ppl do this..........i assume that the countless options inside serum are more than enough to experiment with so please explain the reason you use custom waveforms

thanks

3. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

some people use serum like a sampler/kontakt

also its nice for layering up your sounds, you can easily add a new layer to a "vanila instrument sound" and make it NEXTLEVELSOUNDDESIGNOMGBBQ

4. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

I do it to have a unique sound no one else has.

:rofl: Well said!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. odelay

odelay Kapellmeister

Well. I guess you already know that you can take an existing wavetable, modulate its parameters (by means of FM, for instance) and resample it as a new wavetable. Then you can load it and modulate again. You can also take snapshots from different waveforms and make Serum automatically transition between the shapes you've chosen and create a whole wavetable. And Serum also gives you the option to drag & drop ANY png file onto one of your oscillators, and based on colours and luminance, you'll get a brand new wavetable (You could try with an abstract colour painting, or even a selfie! If the file you want to use is not png, you must convert it. Give it a try!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

You can use the wave form editor add 1 wavetable and go crazy withe the overtones and the just morph it and boom, new wavetable with 256 single cycle waveforms.