Do you leave Your Downloads/JDownloader Running Alone? Missing CAPTCHAs?

Discussion in 'Software' started by jimmyjohn, Mar 23, 2021.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

I would use Google Drive as Backup, they are cheap and as long as you not share files, they will stay there.
    But why do you want to backup samples via cloud? I would rather buy a HDD or SSD to store my files, because i pay once and the files are always mine. (but thats personal opinion)

RG so far i know only counts download traffic, not upload traffic.

There is no other reason so far i know.

2. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

I think slightly off-topic is ok for OP. Oh, wait, that's you, [​IMG] so it's not a problem, no need to say sorry. :winker:

I try to make a backup of everything important. Mostly on USB drives, for some things I make a cloud backup so they won't get lost if my computer (room/house) accidentally burns down.

3. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

No problem, it's your thread :)
    For me, I don't trust in OCH or even cloud storage very much, that's why I stay local with my valuable data*. Maybe for a secondary backup it would be ok but my bandwidth is quite low here.

*) Several OCHs have been closed in recent years due to copyright violations. After that, users had significant problems getting their legal data back, if ever again. Last week the biggest european Cluodservice had a fire in a server farm. Millions of webpages are dead, petabytes of data are lost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Yep, I was also affected by this. The hoster had a backup in the same building but sadly it burned down, so all data were lost. They now have backup servers in different countries and I have mine still on my drives, so no loss for me, just a bit work to upload them again.

5. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

Thanks very much for all the info and advice about the cloud storage... I've started using Realdebrid's website to unrestrict my download links... I got it working a few times and I found it's particular useful for very large files however today I tried a few more links and these transformed links were taking ages to actually show up in JDownloader... sometimes links are missing when you load them... also some of the size information isn't shown on the links that are loaded in JDownloader... I'm not sure whether the issue would be jdownloader or realdebrid... do you guys ever get these kind of slow crawling issues? @ArticStorm @No Avenger @twoheart

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

At least not JD's fault. It's showing whatever is transmitted. If the file size isn't, JD can't show it. If RD can't create a link, JD can't show it either.
    Sometimes multihosters can't create a link but since it's their business model to do this, I assume it's the hoster's (UL, RG) fault.

7. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

yeah i noticed some usenet pages where total down as i looked for a free replacement for my free usenet provide, which closed doors.
    What was the name of the cloud service?

Back to topic: Yes sometimes crwaling is slow, the issue might be on the RG, UL side, not realdebrid.

8. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

@alexbart Sorry for delay getting back to this message... So you mean that transforming the links on the link generator on the realdebrid website is kinda a waste of time? My understanding was that doing this is a way to circumvent the daily download limits that set by the hosts... that's my understanding of "unrestricted" anyway... And also I tested out this realdebrid link generator method today and I found I didn't get any Captchas but as mentioned in my other post I had problems just loading links into JDownloader....

9. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

It was OVHcloud a french company and the server farm lies at the rhine near Strasbourg.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021