Do you know this song?

Discussion in 'Music' started by dashfiss, Mar 5, 2014.

1. dashfiss

dashfiss Kapellmeister

I heard this on a TV show and was able to grab a short clip of it. Might be stock music BUT I think I've heard it on the radio once as well, so possibly/hopefully not.

Shazam and SoundHound return no result or a wrong one.. Any help would be much appreciated! :)

EDIT: Found it! See recent post at bottom.

http://soundcloud.com/oyvindmork/do-you-know-this-song

3. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

What show may i ask?? this sounds amazing

4. dashfiss

dashfiss Kapellmeister

Heard it on a Norwegian TV show called Bloggerne but it's not the title track or anything, it was just this clip in the middle of an episode, for ambience etc.

5. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

It sounds like Chvrches to me. Especially the snare is a typical Chvrches snare. Sounds a bit like "Lies". :) Hope, I could help you. :)

6. bxbeatnocka

bxbeatnocka Member

it seems have be the basic melody & chord structure from the CHVRCHES song Lies but it sounds thinner maybe they used a midi/seq file from the original and remade it in order to sidetrack the licensing fees however after i listened to it a few times i think it may be a completely different song i would keep looking JMPO

Good Luck

7. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Yeah sounds like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjVmKAud9hE

exept the little variation in melodie at the end of your clip.

BTW..CHVRCHES are absolutely fantastic..Hmm, maybe thats the reason why the supported my favourite band while their actual tour! :wink:

8. dashfiss

dashfiss Kapellmeister

"CHVRCHES - Lies" was actually quite a treat, I absolutely loved it :)

I don't think it's the same song tho, the clip has instrumentantion similar to drumstep, a more modern and sharp sound than Lies, but there are definitely similarities, and thanks for the suggestion!

9. dashfiss

dashfiss Kapellmeister

Found it !"#!#€@@#!!

As I suspected, it was indeed stock music, so shazam couldn't find anything.

How the hell did I find it??

Last year i heard another really awesome song on TV in a channel vignette, and i wrote to the channel (Star) asking what song it was. I realised this was a longshot but after like 4-5 weeks i get an e-mail from the person who actually created the vignette, and she told me that the song came from Audio Network (professional stock music). She gave me the song name, I found it and bought it under a personal license, which was quite cheap actually, like a buck.

So from this experience it crossed my mind that this new song could also be stock music, so eventually i mailed AN with a link to the soundcloud clip, and voila, he replied it was indeed one of their songs.

Some of the stuff they have is so good i would have no doubt it was something from a hitlist, this is the big league!

Song from the soundcloud clip
    The song i bought last year, number 2

I'll remove the soundcloud clip soon to tidy up a bit, but you can still hear the song at AN.