Do you know a good compressor for the Fender American Deluxe Guitar?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Nofolobricity, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Hey!

I play in a cover band and our genres are famous pop, pop-rock and even some house music. The guitarist has the Fender American Deluxe version.

He wants to find a compressor pedal that could delicately handle the dynamics without squashing it, but at the same time compress it neatly. Mid-range budget.

Any suggestions?

3. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

The best compressor for Fender guitar is Origin Effects Cali76, it is kinda pricey but worth every dime and has good resale value. It is modeled after a 1176! so it has that sweet 1176 mild saturation kinda adding glow to the sound. It is like it is built for a Fender guitar, especially Stratocaster. I'm a Fender guitar player as well. This is the shit! THE COMPRESSOR!

If that is out of the budget range, then Boss CP-1X. I dont own this one, but tried at store few times. It is a multiband compressor or some sort, it's like having a compressor for each string! So it wont squash the guitar sound as much as other broadband guitar compressor pedal.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

The Behringer CL9 Compressor is only $25 on amazon and is pretty damn good specially at that price a few friends use them and are quite happy with it. The CL9 should more than satisfy your needs and the price is great so try one out, almost every music store I know of carries Behringer pedals.
    https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelode=P0546

5. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

TC Electronic HyperGravity. I'm choking at it's price today... which is still inexpensive comparatively. It's just that I think I paid something like 45-50 bucks new just a few years back, lol. Great reviews on it.

6. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

EMPRESS EFFECTS Compressor MKII

7. anonymouse

anonymouse Platinum Record

Wampler Ego

8. FrankPig

FrankPig Platinum Record

9. fishnose

fishnose Producer

10. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

So many great alternatives (as already mentioned, so I don't have to). But no one has mentioned Boss CS-2 yet though.

11. Nofolobricity

Nofolobricity Member

Guys, thank you so much! I love you!

12. Tele_Vision

Tele_Vision Platinum Record

I've tried almost all the pedals mentioned..my desert island is a JAM Pedals Dyno-ssor.

13. Graf

Graf Platinum Record

im glad you mentioned which ax you have. and +1 baxter for the SC-2. can i ask what amp you play through? my circuit is class A/B (technically push pull, but with a pure class A squish) single volume, so i don't use pedals. for me i get changed tonality with the volume pot and changing out speakers.
    so the amp has as much to say as the guitar.

heres a suggestion (good for christmas break) have your guitarist tour old pawn shops. i promise he will come back enlightened (and possibly broke)

14. Tob

Tob Platinum Record

+1 for the tc electronic HyperGravity Compressor. it can do all sounds I could ever need. I tried so many compressor pedals this one stayed.

The only other compressors I tried that are really really good especially for single coils, are the Bogner Lyndhurst and the Diamond Compressor. Both cost a lot more than the TC.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021