Do you have a 'proper' artist email domain address?

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Bunford, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Just wondering whether people use an email address courtesy of the ISP or whether you use a more.professional and custom email address/domain, such as @artistname.com?

Any tips on where you can get custom domains and such for cheap or free?

3. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

hey,
    I host my webpage at 5hosting which offers unlimited traffic as well as unlimited webspace.
    It's shared space so the speed could be better but I work with cloudflare as content delivery network so in the end it's ok.
    You can buy domains from them afaik but I bought my domain from orangewebsites because they offer true anonymous domain registration and I don't want no sleazy lawyers harrassing me for incompliant imprints etc. It's not free, and cheap neither, but in my experience good service is not for free.
    My domain is my artistname.com, and I have several email adresses under my domain. One for general inquiries, one for billing etc, one for my blog, one to send me promos, and so on.
    I highly encourage you to register your arist name as your domain asap because if you don't every random jerk can register it and you will have a very hard time claiming it afterwards. It also helps to register your artist name as a trademark but that's a whole different story and yields a more serious financial impact than the domain.

4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

All useful information! More offerings like this would be good to have a little assessment of what's out there :)

5. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

I know big artists with gmail or icloud email addresses. A .com artist domain name is not needed anymore (except for really big names for them to connect with hardcore fans and run their online shops) as social media evolved tremendously.