Do you have a plan after AGI (superintelligence) takes over your job?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by nism, Sep 9, 2023.

1. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

Guess I'll go back to eating dog food.

2. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

I plan for a cyborg of the future to come back in time and save me.

3. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

Are you sure about this, few moths ago we had AI thread, someone posted this video and whole narrative of the video was that it progresses so much faster now and what is achieved by now (brain mapping) actually exceeded human capabilities, who knows which other areas progressed, maybe public chatGPT isn't at superhuman level today, but is all development really that public, especially one that is use for military.

Isn't that huge few floors supercomputer for years in Switzerland (just checked, from '94), there's probably few of them in other countries and development is probably top secret. Dunno, it's silly to judge AI development based on public and private/corporate projects, when whole nations are into it too.

Remember reading an article in newspapers like 15 years ago, some genius from our country was involved in making anti-terrorist surveillance which can detect level of anger and whatnot, now they can read brain waves and pretty much that same thing can pretty much scan more than your anger level, think nobody will release public app like that for smartphone at this or any point, but technology is there and someone is using it.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

If enough anarchy ensues and civilization crumbles I will attempt to fulfill my life long dream of becoming a decadent Jaba The Hut style warlord with booty blessed and well endowed scantly clad wenches fanning me and feeding my grotesquely obese body pizza and beer non-stop.

Outside of that, just going to take it one day at a time.

5. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

I'll start an AI videolclip/audiovisual production company for broke ass musicians like myself, here is my shameless self promotion on this vaguely related post. Do you want a cool videolclip for you next release? It cost a less than a regular videoclip and looks great nonetheless. :rofl:

6. DEGRAD

DEGRAD Ultrasonic

I haven't heard any kind of music made by AI that I love after all these years of development. AI is a failed project at least in the realm of art. People have made it big for inexplicable reasons especially by those who don't know much about the basic principles of art.

7. Melodic Reality

Did you heard any music made by human that you actually love, after all these years of warez and free music for all?

8. baszermaszer

baszermaszer Member

Current AI technologists / inept coders are very far away from creating any type of AI able to replace creative human work, where human soul is the main ingredient. Sure, AI can steal images and AI can create shitty tunes. But AI will never replace the Human Soul, that is put into real-true creative work that we all enjoy.

BTW: any real AI - the already inspired-introduced Skynet type by Hollywood - will be / would be immediately taken over and controlled by secret government compartments. But that real AI would need years to be realized.

The critically missing component here is time. Years to build any assumed future:

Original poster erroneously assumed there is a future for this civilization. There is not.

Therefore you don't need to fear AI. Loss of jobs always was happening because of more machines & better programming taking over making workers not needed. Globalization that the psycho CEOs carried out did not need AI and hundreds of millions lost their jobs since the Economic Hitmen started their jobs to assassinate countries economies.

Don't worry. This little time, short years ahead of us won't be enough to develop any true AI.

Massive catastrophes - world-wide - will override any of your AI worries.

You will worry instead of everyday hand-to-mouth existence. In the "future".

And how true AI on the Skynet level - and the secret government that would immediately take control over it - would handle you as a human, just look at my avatar and see your "future". That is awaiting 98% of the current 8 billion Sheeple, who think they have a "future".

Bigger governments with their ridiculously ineffective nukes arsenal know what is approaching: that is why you are seeing increasing heat internationally on the geopolitical scene nowadays. Soon all this worry will be over.

Study the refugee-camps, how they are "housed", if you wanna see your "career".. for everybody world-wide.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I used a simple text prompt to make this song about Audio Sex using all AI with Suno + Replay + Gullfoss + TEOTE for a AS member that mentioned Frank Sinatra.

https://voca.ro/1gj6tUKdIlmt

I agree with you @DEGRAD AI isn't quite there yet. But its making headway! If you look at the original Dall-e image generation from a year ago to where it is now is a good example for the path of where AI music will follow.

10. virusg

virusg Rock Star

so my boss will yell only at AI, now thats a sight I dont wanna miss out!

PS: it will come but best thing is that we refuse it, and those who can are those in the bussines, ad those in the bussines are controlled by those with the cashflow, no maybe we cant interrupt the cashflow ...but we all can cut some wires here and there!

11. Magic Max

Magic Max Platinum Record

I'll be only too happy for a machine to do my snoring until 11, take a piss, scratch my balls and go back to bed.

12. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

never underestimate a computers ability to f*ck things up much faster than a human and much more widespread.

13. smoked_soul

smoked_soul Ultrasonic

Well, if we are seriously talking, machines are fast but not perfect, when it comes to music, for example, there are vst plugins (most of mastering) have an automatic detection, but also have a switch to work in manual mode, because sometimes the automatic mode doesn't offer the best results for the user.

What I would do is analize most known or popular AIs and see what they can and can't do.
    So then, I would start to make sounds, effects or techniques that machines won't be able to copy.

Also some frequencies could be hidden by producers to confuse AIs.

Actually, there's a company that offers that service for painters and digital artwork artists, so maybe in the future, the same service could be applied for music industry.

14. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

I'm a former public school building operator retired with 3 gov't pensions.
    Too late for AI to f**k me up.
    But the the new guys are working with computer controlled heating and air conditioning systems that render them needless.
    So they will eventually go :(

15. Melodic Reality

To be honest, large quantity of people making music these days are doing it in the scope of AI, just analyzing and copying what works, shoehorning themselves into the thing completely, from pro's to newcomers, like yeah, it's just learning, referencing, but end result speaks for itself, pick some genre, you can pretty much make days of music that will just fit one after another, at one point in time everyone have take on same track that worked and quickly it warns out and they move to next... or you can hear variations of same theme in period of years, decades, like yeah, that's the genre.

If you genuinely make music without trying to fit into some clique, you are of no importance to AI or the majority of the world, mostly nobody will listen to it and even less will copy any of it, you are safe. But, if your thing is selling music that sells, than guess AI will screw you sooner or later, you can protect whatever you want, chances are big there's nothing really to protect, not speaking about you personally, but stuff that makes money isn't really something genuinely original, it's just variation of something that is proven to work and people relate to. Mass market isn't really after unheard anything or most music that is consumed sound like that.

Personally I have few influences that pretty much creep into everything I do, nothing I made most of my music journey is remotely original, except my first years of making music when I just made random stuff without even trying to sound like anything, just exploring the whole world of music making, but pretty much after that I started copying more and more, getting influenced much more and finally shoehorned myself into genre. 20 years later I'm still doing same shit whatever I make, pretty much my "sound" is something I liked in that genre I shoehorned myself in and few other influences that must creep all the time, like some 80s/90s influences, Vangelis and stuff like that.

One can say, well that's your sound and there's probably folks who enjoy in that, which is fair point and that's the only reason I would share it these days, other than that, have no intentions of making money with it, have no intentions of posing as an artist, just having fun doing what I love, if AI start copying it, great, I have a fan.

Sincerely I don't care what AI will do to "art" or will it take my day job, but more concerned what will do to this world, because it's in hands of people that will use it for evil and destruction, wars and dictatorship.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
  16. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

good question, I think I will write everything I want, when I want it, put it together and prompt the damn thing to draw one for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

If machines had their way
    With one of a mind
    Too with purpose and plan
    Would burn all our bones
    To a cinder
    For from whom have they learned
    These machines who we've trained
    To mimic and follow their masters?

Lois 2023

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Melodic Reality

ChatGPT: "Wanna collab bro, I got fire chorus, here:

(Chorus) In the circuits and wires, they thrive
    A symphony of thoughts, they're alive
    Machines we've built, with knowledge they've gained
    In the dance of creation, they've been unchained
    Oh, the world they've spun, a digital master
    From the minds of their makers, they've grown faster."

I hear Children of Bodom playing in my head while reading this lol

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
  19. Billy Boils

Billy Boils Kapellmeister

My plan is to take an acoustic guitar down to the riverbank and sing songs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I demure...I don't play with ChatGPT.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List