Do we really need this kind of change to move forward ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Stevie Dude, Jan 14, 2021.

1. anon69

anon69 Producer

when audiosex changes its name in the future because a petition but you remind them about their roots

2. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

soon audiosex gonna be audiogeeks

3. recycle

recycle Guest

4. albert001

albert001 Producer

This reminds me of Demolition Man.
    Where you have all those Alexa devices on the wall that get triggered only by 2 syllables, that "could" form some kind of curs/insult and gives you a ticket.
    Now it's only 1-2 human beings that get moved to do something about it...., but tomorrow, it could be a system that's taking your free speech, and it will also have an effect on music and other art forms.:unsure:

5. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

Typical first-world sjw shit... Who are they in the first place? Real members ? or fuc...g aimless and over sensitive people lobbying to change the reality to fit their ideology?
    Can you imagine going to any place and asking its name to be changed because you find it offensive?
    In French, the word "bit" sounds exactly like "dick" so when we hear "bit" all the time in the IT world (Gigabit, Megabit), we could be "offended"... We're not. Yet.
    Dogs bark but the caravan goes on

6. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

7. db100

db100 Kapellmeister

i really dont get why people are so upset about this?

In these times where we live in where EVERYBODY and their momma got internet and an opinion on everything OF COURSE there will be people offended by the name of gearslutz..

And who are we to judge what other people find offensive or not. calling them snowflake and what not.

I find it funny that 99.9% of people in forums and social media act like their way of life and their way of thinking is the only absolute right way.

And of course its all fault of the "fake media" who want to silence everybody when in fact Mass Media influence is at an all time low.
    And i dont wanna condemn ciritcal thinking regarding media but you also got to do critical thinking when you rely solely on the net and social media to get all your info. In fact even more so. but most people just dont do that, yet they scream that everybody else has to do "research" and is "brainwashed by mass media" and are "sheeps" when in fact its quite the opposite. right exremists and neo nazi progaganda is all over social media and flooding the net like ever before and it gets eatin up unreflected by a lot of people who think they do "critical thinking" and are so "wake".. i see that everyday.

also there are lots of different media (especially news papers are diverse and range from left to right and in between and there are also a lot of well made and researched documentaries on every topic imaginable). condenming ALL of those media as "fake" and thinking theyre all linked up to serve solely for the purpose of bringing you the NWO is just plain stupid and iganorant and mostly brought up by people who never even read a newspaper or watched a well made documentray in the first place.

And on top of that they think that youtube videos and articles on the net from questionable websites and "news" what you get on solcial media will bring them the unfiltered "truth" when in fact it is mostly propaganda first or second hand. smh..

I mean i see both.. more people getting sensitive and triggered by everything but i also see the opposite (tbh even more) which is ignorance, hate speech, bullyin, extreme rights progaganda and the like.. and people thinking that all this is free speech when in fact they would never dare to talk to anybody like that in real live..

this is just my 2c. but whatever. i didnt even plan to write so much on this topic and im sure i missed a million points and simplified a lot but the main point is: I think people should just reflect a little bit more on the net before they are giving (and getting) their opinion on everything.

:mates:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I never knew Soundgirls dot org exists until today. They are making it their agenda now. I think I saw the petition was first posted by a female mastering engineer. 5k follower, not sure if that is considered "well-known" in audio world because Maria Elisa Ayerbe has 3k followers. Shit, i should finish my mix, wth am i doing.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  9. audiozuser76

audiozuser76 Producer

The next "I'm stoned" thread...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Meh, paying attention to things like this is just as bad.

People have a right to ask, it is a free world after all, for the most part. I personally could care less.

Hui is a popular name in china, though I would not call a drunk Russian Hui unless I was looking for a fight. Zabour means fence in Russian and someone told me it means clitoris in Arabic. I have friend called Zeb, and supposedly that's a penis in Arabic too. Kaboul is a big city and also means bastard, I forget what language - maybe Turkish. I could go on all day.

The more people react and pay attention to shit like this the more traction it gains. Someone is upset, they want to complain, that's one thing but whinging about someone else whingeing is even more pussy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Nah, only 9 points for that. I'm going for 'the end goal' quick before anyone else reaches it.
    I am now formally whingeing about people whingeing about other people who whinge about whingers, whingeing about political correctness.
    10 points please. :winker:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

I resemble that comment.

13. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

I have a proposed solution. We can offer a service to help people learn how to cope with politically incorrect outbursts.

How about... "FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU"
    That is the only 'try-before-buy' you get when you subscribe to the premium service.

Please address your subscription payment (in BitCoin) to the following address
    AudioSex Verbal Dominatrix Services
    c/o @Xupito's Parlour
    AudioSex Plaza

Under no circumstances make the mistake of sending your payment to
    c/o @The Pirate's Lair
    That is an entirely different service - you're probably not ready.

AudioSex thanks you for your business.
    :winker:

14. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

yet another hurty word keyboard warrior, the world is going totally bonkers

how about setting up a change org petition against this petition?

15. darknight

darknight Ultrasonic

Gearwhatever...who cares

16. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I'm triggered by reading about people who are triggered by people who either are not triggered by trigger words or don't even know what being triggered means! As a transgender, transexual vegan lesbian of color, a 3rd degree Black Belt in
    Karate and a flute playing member of the SJWS, I say that I will kick your fucking ass if you impede my right to kick your fucking ass for any reason whatsoever that hurts my feelings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

I find it quite telling that people over here are upset & offended for something that I personally find to be a quite reasonable petition.

Something something snowflakes.

18. alwin1

alwin1 Kapellmeister

you guys are acting like you claim the so called "sjw's" are acting. All these people did is suggest to change a fictional name, they didn't insult anyone or threaten to harm anyone.
    Yes, people with different opinions exist. And people do express their opinion.
    No reason going full berserk on the fact that there are some people who don't like a fictional name or don't have the same opinion as you do. You are pretty much acting way more offended, than the guys who want the name to be changed.

This attidude: "Everyone who isn't my opinion is a sjw but I who constantly get triggered by purely subjective and unimportant stuff, I am not a sjw!!."

As I can see in this thread, pretty much the opposite is true, crying already over 3 pages about a different opinion. You somehow are unable to comprehend that different opinions exist.

And yes, I find the name gearslutz as well as audiosex pretty stupid too.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  19. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Anal OG obsession had to change his name to analog obsession, it aint fair man.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. adsaxxx

adsaxxx Ultrasonic

Your comment makes it obvious that you are indeed an sjw. Like y'all have time to be bothered about a Fucking name ? Thats a lot of time...!!!!!!