do we need stricter off topic rules and or prohibition of troll threads

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Gyro Gearloose, Jul 10, 2020.

?

do we need stricter off topic rules and or prohibition of troll threads

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Area51

Area51 Kapellmeister

indeed. if we have automated facebook mechanism it means that mostly TRUMP RELATED POSTS are promoted..........:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2. recycle

recycle Guest

I think the Boss has no interest in creating too many rules on Audiosex, that's a company policy, considering that this site is only a conveyor of views to AZ. Let's face it: Saint's hardcore business is in managing AZ and this is the value of the site (source www.webuka.com)
    [​IMG]

Audiosex, on the other hand, is economically the least interesting part, probably only the presentable face of the whole operation. Here is the value of Audiosex (source www.webuka.com)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2020
    • Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

Why? If you are too stupid to ignore something you yourself are not interested in why should those posts suffer?
    No one's forcing you to click on the title, thus opening a tab in your browser, right?
    Are you to blame for me responding to this asinine post? By your rational, you are.

But hey, I'll even prove my own point.Pretty please, don't bother responding to this post or my questions. Why?
    Because I''m never going to open this thread ever again. So I'll never see/read you response. Which means,
    even though I am responding I can still manage to turn around and completely ignore the whole thread afterwards.

Cheers.

Happy 10th of July!:bleh:

4. DaVa-67

DaVa-67 Kapellmeister

When some of the threads start to go off topic they can sometimes become more interesting. As for the trolls, don't feed them and they'll go look elsewhere for their supper.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

There goes the thread for Meghan Markles' style evolution.

6. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

What? Troll threads are the only fun threads. If they're good. What we need to ban are weak, flaccid trolls.

7. sometimes off topic comments become more interesting than the topic itself. Certainly more enjoyable. Often like a good mannered, lively conversation, the dialogue explores new avenues and it ceases being a simple exchange of statements, but an exchange of ideas.

8. Nought

Nought Guest

The majority of topics by OPs are fundamentally off-topic. The subsequent off-topic posts are for making them on-topic.:unsure:

9. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. I suppose if there was a crackdown on comments at least us mac users could have a discussion without being bombarded by insults and the questioning of our intelligence. At present the report button only functions to notify if there is specific vilification. The question is are the mods going to be happy being bombarded every time somebody feels a comment is off topic?

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Easier said than done.

In any case there has been a lot of pollution during the last months, and by pollution I mean of course all these useless threads started by some idiots with too much free time (some side effect of the lockdown I suppose).

Nonetheless, an automated bot is of course not the solution here. Also, banning these parasites will not help either since they will get back with a different nickname.

What we need is a proactive approach from the moderators who will close their thread as soon as possible: After seeing their threads shut down three, four or five times in a row, these idiots will disappear very soon.

Way more effective than a ban.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Oh wow that reminds me, Macs suck and you're stupid. OK, back to whatever this is about-

13. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I am so good at delegating responsibility no one can even tell that i assumed full control of this website days ago.
    I am so discreet i have been unable to even verify it myself.

or maybe that was a dream i had.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. recycle

recycle Guest

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I agree. @SAiNT tries to run the site with as few rules as possible which is the reason why this place it's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under.
    One point that should be noted is that trolling threads do bring traffic to the site. Take a thread from a member posting a song. The thread goes for a page or 2. The other day I created a thread offering AFM-scale paid studio gigs to keyboard players, and nobody responded. However, if "a troll' opens one of those threads everyone flocks to it, even if it is just to tell the OP that he/she is a troll, that he/she is Foster, to GTFO, and so on. This drama brings traffic to the site which, to certain extent, it is a good thing for... @SAiNT.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I am against a too strict off-topic rule,but I'm sick of these stupid threads that appears daily on AS.I created a new user profile on another forum because of these pointless threads here.Since some months this place looks like an psychatric hospital,not an 'audio-professional forum' (audiosex.pro.Lol,what a joke!:suicide:)

17. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

Prohibitionism is never the answer.

Let trolls do their drugs.

18. Polomo

Polomo Guest

I think this poll was confusing .

Rules against trolling is a complete other thing than Off topic stuff.

A bit off-topic is totally ok .

If we got to strict rules it's impossible to suggest alternatives .

Example:
    "Is X a good device
    No
    Y is better ..... off-topic"

This could be one problem.

On the other hand we got some very stupid threats the last days with a lot of non Audio stuff here
    If that’s the question I have to say ,yes we should go back to our roots as an audio forum.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

A typical Mac crybaby, you must be stupid...and now I'd like to talk of the merit of whipping cream the day before a party so that all the work needed be done in the same day. But I digress:rofl:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Area51

Area51 Kapellmeister

thank you for being PC, updated and gender sensitive to the community.

however, this post on the other hand, from the headline onwards looks almost as if a troll wrote it lolz