Do we must ban Mac / PC trolls ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Lord Gaga, Sep 18, 2011.

?

Must we add a rule which forbid Mac / PC trolling and ban those who don't follow it ?

1. YES

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. NO

13 vote(s)
    32.5%
  3. We must add this rule, give a first warning, then a ban

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

Hi all,

I don't know what you feel when you read - here or @ AudioZ - smart and useful comments like "PLEASE RELEASE ONE FOR MAC!!!!" ? Personally, it bores me so damn hard that I've started this poll.
    Of course, I vote YES.

LG

EDIT : Poll edited. Please modify your vote accordingly.

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

As tiresome as it gets, Perhaps banning is a bit harsh, perhaps a Forum rule might be instigated. Not sure if there any mods to enforce it tho.. 'cept
    Saint, who doesn't seem to be around as much anymore. :dunno: :thumbsup:

But i also vote yes :rofl:

4. crichton13

crichton13 Newbie

Perhaps we should pity the Mac Users?

After all, they did start the whole Music production thing but have been usurped by the ubiquitousness of the PC?

Now, I'm a PC user BUT - isn't it still the case that 'serious' 'professional' Music Producers still use a Mac?

I dunno - I'm just trying to play Devils advocate.

From a Market perspective, PC users outnunber Mac User greatly, perhaps all we are seeing is the market reflecting that fact - whether the 'market' be in ligitimate software sales or otherwise??

It is still the case, however, that there are MANY Mac Apps that I have seen on AudioZ that I wish I could get to use on a PC so what does that tell you??!!

JC

5. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Seriously, it's as bad as the "PLEASE SEED" people on torrent sites.... I'm pretty sure none of the teams are reading the comments and going "oh crap, we totally forgot to crack the Mac version you guys!".

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

:dancing: :rofl:
    edit my vote to "We must add this rule, give a first warning, then a ban " it still annoys me - yh i mean we should still satisfied with the stuff we get from the TEAMS!

7. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

I voted no. If you were a Mac user maybe you would be more sympathetic. What bothers me more is users who post mirrors that don't have permission. Now anyone with a FileSonic account is posting mirrors with all kinds of outrageous statements trying to draw attention to themselves. I thought only trusted members were allowed to post mirrors. Pretty soon people are going to start claiming that naked sex starved women pop out of their rar's when you unzip them. :snuffy:

8. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

...which might lead to the guys popping out of their zips :rofl:

9. Enoch007

Enoch007 Kapellmeister

I say we ban members that look like they are of Spanish decent, it makes just as much sense as the latter.

10. djmonkeystyle

djmonkeystyle Newbie

i voted No *yes*

Banning is a bit Harsh ..i agree

maybe we should tell them that requesting for such releases wether its Mac or PC..is

1. Pointless
    2. Prohibited
    3. Tell them that we should be grateful for whatever release we had and stop whining ..

:mates:

11. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

maybe they should ask steve Jobs...:rofl:

12. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

Does that mean we all will have to post pics of ourselves? And do you mean Spanish, or Hispanic? Because I can be confused for one, but not the other.

How about we ban members who try to blow up their shoes on airplanes? And also anyone born in 1982, horrible year :rofl:

13. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

I voted NO but really i don't care. It brings debate on releases and shows interests in Mac or PC release of a software (even if it seems that this poll is about banning Mac users lol). And don't be fooled guys read comments on audioz.

I'm both Mac & PC but what bothers me in this type of poll is people out of nowhere talking about banning, damn just DON'T FEED THE TROLL *no*

14. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

Thanks to all 4 your participation at this poll.

NO, NO and NO, THIS POLL WAS NOT CREATED FOR BANNING MAC USERS !!!! Honestly, I have NOTHING against people who've paid double price for the same shit - my gal is a Mac user and I still love her... despite this :rofl: .

This rule MUST also apply to PC users - since AiR left the scene, there are a lot of iLok/Pace apps which are not available for PC, and even if it's hard to believe, PC users are not smarter than the Mac ones : they are crying too for PC releases.

I must admit that a ban is a little bit harsh, but what can we do if those idiots don't follow the rules : find their home and send them a SWAT team... or even worst : the Justin Bieber's complete collection ?

I suggest a first warning, then a ban. I've modified the poll to permit you to modify your vote accordingly.

Again, thanks to all.

LG

15. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

First, I'm not out of your ass, so please be respectful.
    Second, try to ask for a Mac or a PC version on forums like A.N. and you will see what will append to your account.
    Third, comments about a release must be written/read to ask/find support/opinion about the release, not for asking something NOBODY cares about.
    Fourth, trolls must be BAN.

16. Bollocks2Ya

Bollocks2Ya Newbie

Congratulations on moving this poll from platform hatred to racial hatred. What a complete fucking retard you must be. On the first count of having nothing to say except racial nonsense, and then ending your pathetic sentence with something that makes no sense whatsoever. "The latter" part of what? The latter part of the head that's shoved up your ass? Yeah, let's ban anyone born in 1982 called Kris Miller... that makes much more sense than banning any Mac or PC trolls.

17. PYRUS MALUS

PYRUS MALUS Noisemaker

Sounds to me that you want to make this an 'Exclusive' place --- by means of the 'exclusion of others' (Namely those fucking Mac users - that apparently 'get under your skin') -- yeah I'm a Mac user too -- sue me. There are plenty of PC exclusive Audio Forums that run an uptight ship, banning and hindering downloads until you've 'paid your dues' -- perhaps you'd like it better if it were like that here ? No disrespect intended -- but I like AUDIOZ/AUDIOSEX the way it currently is. If the 'troll' would have said: "Any word/news on a version for Mac OS ?" rather than "Mac Please" -- would that have made any difference ? If so, then perhaps just a primer on underground 'netiquette' is in order (rather than a full fledged banning -- just saying). Regardless the outcome of this affair, I'd like to go on record and say -- thanks ... Thanks to the cats that put this whole thing together and keep it running (void OS bias) -- much appreciated ! Keep doing what you do. I vote (most emphatically) NO.

18. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Wait a minute is this poll about to sort out how to ban
    1- Mac owners
    2- Users posting personal pictures
    3- People descended from Spaniards
    All done by selecting the suitable radio button?
    Hopefully I'll be able to visit this forum, because I really like it what's going on here.

19. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

By pretending that I want to "exclude" Mac users from this place, you admit that Mac users CAN NOT resist to ask for Mac releases, isn't it ? Otherwise it would be easy for them to STOP ASKING to avoid a ban...
    Sound to me you didn't read carefully what I wrote OR maybe we don't have the same sense of humour. So I repeat one more time :

I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST MAC USERS AND I DON'T WANT THEM TO GET BANNED - I ONLY WANT TO END THOSE STUPID REQUESTS (made by Mac AND PC users).

Is that clear ?

No, because NOBODY knows when a cracked Mac (or PC) version will be released. It's EXACTLY the same stupid, useless and boring request.

Enjoy your Mac, really... *yes*

20. Rolma

Rolma Guest

What would be a forum without requests,
    a thread without complaints, warnings, tips or hints?
    It's part of the game. And it's fun too!
    I'm not agree with a banning initiative...although I like Lord Gaga pics and I find some of his/her comments quite witty
    A forum doesn't have to be reserved for a unique kind of language or points of view. :blues:

21. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

I'm here, no worries.
    just finishing another project for AudioZ and working on a few more web-sites for "art-people".

as for the subject:
    people feel they need to write something... i don't treat it like flood, even though it might be annoying :dunno:
    let's see what the results will show.