do UA cracks work without the UA hardware?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mr Swordhold, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Mr Swordhold

Mr Swordhold Newbie

I'm confused, i just saw a big bundle of UA plugs released in 2014. will these work without the hardware? or will i still need the hardware to power the plugs? just confused of what the point is in cracking them if they are still locked to UA hardware. thanks in advance for the answers guys

3. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

UA plugs havent been cracked - period.

So the big UA bundle from 2014 will not work with or without the hardware - period.

4. pablinimaxd

pablinimaxd Noisemaker

Hi, those plugins are released for use with UA-1 Hardware without buying the plugs, not working without it or UA-2 Hardware

5. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

@pablinimaxd Tested yourself with UA1 hardware?

6. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Because there are people who have the hardware, but don't have all the plugins - so the thought of unlocking them all is desirable.

Any UA crack would simply remove license/demo timeout checks, the code still requires running on the hardware (unless someone also goes to the effort of making a good-performing SHARC emulator running the UA environment).

Anyway, it's a bit of a holy grail. The only valid UA k I remember was for one particular small subversion for UAD1, something like 4.2.11, that had a bug in the protection, which someone took advantage of to let those plugins run without timeouts. That version was pulled by UA quickly, updated to 4.2.12 (or whatever) and 4.2.11 was never again offered in their old-versions archive.

But these days, while the UA plugins are mostly pretty nice, but there's good native alternatives for most of them, so...

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  7. Hamudi2000

Hamudi2000 Ultrasonic

Don't worry, UAD plugins will all be cracked shortly after hell has cooled down to a temperature of 0 Kelvin.

8. Tob

Tob Platinum Record

Do you mean this...
    "Universal Audio UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins Full cra#@ed MAC & WIN - Team FiSh"
    Released
    April 1 - 2014

Check carefully and slowly the release date again.