Do these drums sit well in the mix please?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Sylenth.Will.Fall, Jun 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

You tube I have noticed, have changed something regarding their sound levels. Everything has gone from 100/100 down to 60/60 So I would like constructive critique please as to how this sounds. Specifically the drums.

Many thanks in advance

(I just noticed. my fault, I had the volume slider in you tube turned down,,dohh)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

you forgot the link :dunno:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Thanks Oly. How embarrassing :rofl:

5. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

I checked out your track "U2", how long has your band Beautiful Day been together?

Anyway the writing sucks but you should be able to fix the track with more bass.

edit: ..Sorry I thought you were pulling a prank. As someone who frequents the sport this is a better quality karaoke track. Any reference to "fixing the track with bass" was purely taking the piss :thumbsup:

6. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

yes. are you working on karaoke music ?

7. The bass and kick are overlapping a bit only when the whole arrangement is playing but not in the quiet passage. Have you sidechained or used a multiband to see how that would play out? I just have in my Sennheisser IE 80 ear buds so it might fine.​

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

To me the bass is a bit boomy, the bd is drowning and I would change the snare sound to separate it more from the guitars.

9. Sylenth.Will.Fall

I understand completely.

Pranks and humour is a big part of everyday life for me. Added to which, It didn't start too well by leaving off the link. :)

In this instance, yes, but not always. I'm trying to establish a set of goto drumkits. which work well with all sorts of genres.

Something I usually do SLS, but neglected to on this occasion, because I didn't think U2 tracks had much sidechaining (With kick and bass)
    That is interesting @No Avenger. When I checked the snare initially, and it was fine. But I may have overdone the parallel processing on the drums and used high levels (Whilst not compensating with EQ) I'm going to look deeper in to that.

---------------------------------

Thank you everyone for the solid advice (and entertainment from KPF :P)

10. Probably because the instruments were tracked using mic placement and using chains that were almost record ready as is (minus additional processing such as reverb/delay, a tiny bit of extra compression {well, excluding The Edge} and a little broad curve eq to fine tune each before going through the 2 buss. Electronic stuff and EDM are treated a little differently. I personally like to get it as close as I can get in the tracking stage when recording acoustic instruments.

11. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I was going to make your average sarcastic joke but there's too much to joke about.
    Laziness wins lol :wink:

Just in case, not that I don't make more embarrassing things every week.