Do i Need iLok For SSL UF8 UC1

Discussion in 'Software' started by BenniTheBlockbuster, Nov 26, 2021.

1. BenniTheBlockbuster

BenniTheBlockbuster Producer

i want to buy a SSL UF8 and UC1 , i want to use the Hardware with the releases on the Sister Site .
    i use some stuff that are "normaly" protected by I lok, for example the UVI Falcon .

Do i need a Legit I lok account or the Hardware when i want to use the SSL Hardware ?
    Are there some possible Complications ?

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

It's hardware and hardware never needs iLok. In other words, it works without an iLok. You can use that from the sister site.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  4. tchouangtseu

tchouangtseu Kapellmeister

Does it also stands for Softube Console? They say on the website that you need an iLok account, but I guess it's to unlock the plugins?

5. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Producer

I did see console 1 stuff from the sister too. Softube and SSL are not DSP like UAD so there is no such requirement to own these to use the plugins.

6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Good question, unfortunately I can't answer it.
    • How do I register my new Softube License?
      If you bought your product from a dealer, you will need to register your license in the Register License section of your My account page. Please enter the 16-digit license code (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) that you have received from your dealer and confirm by clicking the 'Register License' button. This will deposit the license directly to your Softube account.

If you bought your product from our web store here at softube.com, no license registration is required. Your license will be directly deposited to your Softube account and its corresponding iLok account.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. tchouangtseu

tchouangtseu Kapellmeister

Yes I grabbed all the Console plugins, but only the API works as a VST, and I'd like to use the other ones, but you kinda need the hardware for that, so i'm considering buying a Softube Console. The thing is that i don't know if I need to unlock the control surface or if I can use it straight with the R2R versions...

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i fixed the title for you: It is called iLok and not I Lok.

9. ThugLife

ThugLife Platinum Record

The slate Raven is also hardware but Afaik you can only use it with ilok. At least thats what they stated 3 years ago

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List