Do I have all the soundsources that should come with Omnisphere 2? [solved]

Discussion in 'Software' started by MokuseiFolf13, May 9, 2023.

1. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Basically I'm trying to determine wether I have all 5,439 soundsources (within the Core Library) as stated on Spectrasonics website. I primairly used the 60GB Omnisphere 2.5 core library as a base to go off of (straight from a clean ISO file), which I did update to soundsources v. 2.6.1c (the latest it seems), and I still only have around 5,319 soundsouces-- not one file has been deleted to cause this discrepancy. Are there other soundsource updates I should've installed before 2.6.1c? Do the wavetables not count as soundsources to the diagnostic system? Let me know what can be done!! Any and all help is greatly appreciated! :keys: Please note I did post this in the designated Omnisphere sub-forum, but nothing much had came of it; I decided to post in a more broader yet relevant forum. Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 18.14.00.png

3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I also have: Factory Soundsources = 5,318
    Total size factory Soundsources DBs = 60,307,824,975
    but...
    Number of factory patches = 10, 636
    Total size of factory patch DBs = 365,578,191

I am assuming we got our libraries from the same source, and perhaps there were a few missing, if the website is correct.

4. MokuseiFolf13

MokuseiFolf13 Ultrasonic

Right. So it wasn't an actual issue with sound sources... Thank you for affirming that!

Though about that factory patch database size, I've decided to make a quick assessment of my install compared to yours (yours seemingly to be the fuller one):

A Taste of Omnisphere.db = 24kb
    Atmosphere Library.db = 27.3mb
    Hardware Library.db = 76.4mb
    Moog Tribute Library.db = 46.6mb
    Omnisphere Library.db = 189.9mb
    Spotlight - EDM.db = 23.7mb
    VIP Library.db = 0kb

Update: I've found an audioz upload that gives both a fuller Taste of Omnisphere/VIP Library file, so you've helped me so! Thanks again.

Last edited: May 10, 2023