Do DAWs share too many ideas?

Discussion in 'Education' started by The-RoBoT, Apr 26, 2012.

1. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

This will give a few something to talk about (did i say talk? i meant argue :bleh: ) enjoy guys

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/do-daws-share-too-many-ideas-541075

3. Dazeon

Dazeon Ultrasonic

Is Reaper better than Ableton live?

4. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

It's called supply and demand. If developers want their product to sell then they have to include features that most people are looking for.

5. tracer

tracer Member

a compare between reaper and ableton ? hm i dont know but one thing is for sure:
    reaper is not ableton, samplitude is not cubase vst, fruityloops is not acid pro, soundforge is not wavelab, presonus is not acoustica mixcraft, cakewalk sonar is not logic audio, pro tools is not nuendo, traktor is not future decks pro, avid torc is no stanton, deckadance is not virtual dj, diamond cut is not goldwave, psp multidelay is not ohmforce ohmboyz, camel phat is not fabfilter saturn, win is not mac, a dog is no cat and a fart is no art...

oups, you are now bored ? IM SORRY MATES! :bleh:

6. Dazeon

Dazeon Ultrasonic

I must test all DAWS before i die. :rofl:

7. HebrewInTheRain

HebrewInTheRain Noisemaker

Reaper is helpful and easy. Ableton is a beast. So no reaper is not comparable to Ableton.

8. HebrewInTheRain

HebrewInTheRain Noisemaker

whats funny is I have all of those and your right,reaper is not ableton, samplitude is not cubase vst, fruityloops is not acid pro, soundforge is not wavelab, presonus is not acoustica mixcraft, cakewalk sonar is not logic audio, pro tools is not nuendo, traktor is not future decks pro, avid torc is no stanton, deckadance is not virtual dj, diamond cut is not goldwave, psp multidelay is not ohmforce ohmboyz, camel phat is not fabfilter saturn, win is not mac!!!!!!

9. tracer

tracer Member

"right"! you dont need all of this appz like "Hebrew in the Rain" - learn the differences by doing, just try before die and after this take your favorite and buy...

i do not want to detract further from the actual real post, so now i close my mouth!

10. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

It depends on your project and your workflow. I have tried both, and Ableton Live excels in beat making and live triggering for loops. Great for the beat makers and live shows.

FL Studio has noticed this and added a live mode to compete with and operate more like Ableton Live.

Reaper operates more like a conventional DAW, Great for recording, complex song creation and mixing which works really well for me.

So, it is kind of like comparing apples to oranges. One is not necessarily better than the other. Both are used for different purposes.

To sum it up, Ablton Live is a fantastic performance DAW. Reaper is more like a recording studio in a box.

Make Music!

11. BlasterM

BlasterM Newbie

And Renoise is not like any of those!!!! :bleh:

12. Dazeon

Dazeon Ultrasonic

Time to die? :rofl:

@BlasterM.
    Modplug Tracker or OpenMPT?

13. tracer

tracer Member

sorry, i did not want to write something to this (what have i done with this post...), but "BlasterM":
    mouhahahHAHAHAHAHAHA, rofl. and "Hebrew in the Rain": be fast, get it!!! :rofl:

14. BlasterM

BlasterM Newbie

Yeah, it make kinda feel to burst that childish 'my dad is better than your dad' out at this point. And yeah, to make point that some daws don't share any ideas as to topic. :bleh:
    Well, some, but those that do tracking and show for example Renoise to someone who have never seen tracker.. it's like.. "WTF?!" :wow:
    Few seems to have V-sync on by default. :wink: