DMS Ascension

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Alex Philipp, May 5, 2018.

1. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

DMS Ascension is our ultra-powerful dance music workstation. It's a cutting-edge synth, a huge ROM sound library and a vast collection of tried-and-tested track-ready royalty-free MIDI files in one glorious package. It's everything you need and more!

We've crammed over 20 years of production experience into Ascension with the goal of creating an essential tool for anyone making EDM or synth-based music.

Four multi-select oscillators combine subtractive, wavetable and ROM-based synthesis options, as well as FM capability. Why choose between a high-end synth and a ROMpler when you can have both at a hilariously low price?

The ROM section includes an astonishing number of varied samples, including a 10 GB library of soaring pads, searing synths, fat basses, shining dance pianos and ethereal choirs that are aimed straight at the dance floor.

Combine these lush, layered sounds with your own gnarly hand-drawn custom wavetables, FM weirdness, fat detuned subtractive tones or anything else you can summon from the powerful editing and modulation options. You've got both immediate, playable sounds and maximum creative flexibility.

Drag-and-drop MIDI pattern playback is included, as well an arpeggiator and a vast royalty free library of track-ready MIDI loops from the dancemidisamples.com archives.

[​IMG]

If you're a beginner, Ascension has every synth sound and MIDI pattern you need to make a great dance track: we're not exaggerating! Just plug it into your DAW and off you go.

If you're a pro, you'll want a top-quality array of utility patches that can slot straight into your next production, combined with the power to create your own innovative signature sounds from scratch. If you make dance music, DMS Ascension has got you covered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Price 149 Pounds. Do You think it reasonable?​

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. virusg

virusg Rock Star

kind of an ugly interface and its a bit expensive

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I like the way it looks, and when you consider that it comes with 10GB bank of various samples, including waveforms and wavetables, the price is quite alright. But I'd like to demo it first before making any further comments, because in the end it's the sound that matters the most . :wink:

Thank you for a heads up!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. blaqmatic

blaqmatic Platinum Record

Everybody wants to be Serum! :rofl:

Looked boring to me. The sounds were a little harsh, bland and weak as well. And could they not have been more creative with that cheesy demo track?
    Does everything have to be cookie cutter?

Lastly, considering that Serum is $189 us and Ascension is $201 us Unless you think Ascension is better than Serum...:woot: I for one do not.
    It's a no brainer. So I agree with virusg!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Hmm, I thought it was 149 dollars, not pounds. 149 pounds is a bit steep for this, indeed. 99 pounds would be more like it. I also thought it sounded a little harsh. u-he and Synapse have spoiled us with their brilliant creations! Specifically Diva, Repro, Bazille, and the Legend. :wink:

7. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

The interface is all right, straight forward without useless fing-flang ! :wink:

I agree that demoing it would be the best way to make a good individual judgment, which remains always very suggestive anyways.
    I also think the price is to high in a market that already has so many rompler/synths like VST's

My humble opinion !

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. blaqmatic

blaqmatic Platinum Record

I did. Did you?

9. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

The interface is, as always, a matter of taste, but the sound didn't convince me either.

10. dj_sonicsound

dj_sonicsound Member

11. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

does it allow to load multisamples ?