DMGAudio: Track Range PLUG-INS (TrackControl is FREE) & Site Update

Discussion in 'Software News' started by mild pump milk, Dec 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

https://dmgaudio.com

New site! New Plugins! TrackControl for Free!

[​IMG]

More Info:
    https://dmgaudio.com/gallery_track.php

Low-price, with DMG Audio-grade DSP and sleek new UIs. £34.99 this month, £39.99 next.
    Also, we've extended bundle pricing to get you up to 35% off!
    Ready for a holiday after building FIVE new plugins and a new website. Let me know what you think. [​IMG]
    Best love and a happy holiday season to all!

• Like Like x 11
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. HeklaCF63

HeklaCF63 Guest

Very handy!

4. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Thank you @mild pump milk ! Man today is a great day ! Uhe synth, dmg new plugs and sites, two of my favorite devs spoiled us, and soundtoys too !
    Awesome.
    And man the discounts were already nice, but he has really up his game...The new ones would cost me the third less of the normal price if I get them....

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  5. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

Hmz that TrackControl looks very interesting! Especially the 'pan' option. Saw it a lot in ProTools tuts but missed it in Logic X. Maybe it's time to replace my daw Gain utility although I'll keep Klanghelm VUMT which is also updated recently. :)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. mild pump milk

Have you tried free Airwindows plugins? such as PurestGain? BitShiftGain?

7. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

Nope. I'm aware of them but wasn't impressed that much to be honest (mostly in comparison with the tools I already use). And I still like a descent GUI :winker: I think the TrackControl can be an improvement on my channel strips though. Let's find out!

• List
  8. mild pump milk

Yeah. But some old good plugins sometimes crash my Reaper (PLParEQ), but it happens when you work with GUI's faders/knobs. But when you open "UI" (plugin's parameters controlled internally thru Reaper as "parameters only", so to say, not touching buggy GUI) it doesn't crash.
    GUI is also graphic/CPU/RAM/other-memory-and-stability-stuff killer. From very small to huge amounts. So DSP quality, engine/coding, and parameters (as controllers for DSP) are main ones in processing. GUI is for comfortability, for look and faster'n'easier to do things. Also GUI psychologically acts as a "wow it is beautiful and analog-looking, hence it does the best with sound! Wow, and description of warmth fat shine analog-and-beyond ultraquality, and its expensive price make this thing sounds muuuch bettaah". Nope, not always.
    So, doesn't matter. Long debates again.
    DMG are one-of-the best in digital signal processing, quality and stability. How is it too simple to adjust EQuilibrium to get much better results than Pro-Q2...Either eq fader, or phase, or window functions, or IR length, or IIR/FIR etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Track control is nice, you can go from stereo to mid/side process, trim on in, gain on out both with nice meters, there is a HPF with all the slopes up untill 48db, you can invert the phase, left and right, mid and side, you have delay compensation and it's possible to make the signal mono or push the width up to...800%. It has a lot of the basic functionalities from dualism, but stricly the necessary for channel strips, no visualization tools ...
    Really nice.
    i enjoy purest gain very much, it's incredible for a nice gentle automation of volume, but I think they can work togetheir.
    The AirWindows plugins rock...Great dev too. Channel4, Console4, Pressure4, I love those. And slew, and point, well there are many good ones...

10. mild pump milk

months ago I discovered how to get one of the best "almost ideally" workflow: IIR mode in linear phase mode. so it is interesting to try this approach with any (analog modelling) eqs that are without linear phase mode or FIR, and making them working in linear phase, IIR not FIR. another good workflow to equing without phase shifts/distortions.

• List
  11. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

12. mild pump milk

yeah, Talmi, chris (AirWindows) releases 1-2 plugins a week. I also like his veeeeeeery long demonstration videos with veeeery long descriptions and veeeeery long comments on gslutz. he knows a lot. also like pro opinions there. they teach a lot. also like to learn by myself trying to learn everything in deep) but it is time to continue working on my EP...not so much time(

13. mild pump milk

tip? IIR in linear phase?)
    It should be easy) with any eq. but it does manually only. and only if you really need this. I can give a description of this (how-to-do).

14. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah, I love his intro "Hi I'm Chris from AirWindows"...:rofl:.The guy really knows his stuff, everytime I get one of his plugs I also get a lesson, he really digs deep. He is very enthusiastic about his work, passionate but with knowledge, I have a lot of respect for the guy.

Not I meant with equilibrium. I usually use it in FIR...

15. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Have you ever mess with the impulse response in equilibrium with the fir mode ? The window shape (kaiser seems good but there are many) ? Impulse length ? I mean in theory I understand what they refer to, but do you tweak those if you work in fir ?

16. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

True! A debate between Nebula vs UAD comes to mind for example. Although I'm an UAD user and - once again - like to see a 'real' Pultec, 1176, LA-2A etc. on my screen. :bleh:

17. mild pump milk

There is a comment from Dave Gamble (DMG) on gslutz where he described that and optimal, starting point settings for that. And yes, kaiser function he describes as excellent maths there. Use kaiser. I use this one too..
    I will try to put it simple: impulse response is something like when you adjust FFT Spectrum Analyzer (2K, 4K, 8K, 16K etc.), if you set it low you will see that lows are like one fat line (simpler: one big harmonic for all your lows), but very fast your spectrum "updates"; if you set it very high, so you will see your lows precisely as they should be, so resolution for to see your lows in detail, but it shows you very slow. Something same happens with impulse response length. Some quotations from melda:
    So if we have a block of 4,096 samples of time-domain data, to convert into some weird, spectral something, change it in some way and convert it back, there really isn't much information in those 4,096 samples. In fact it is the volume and phase of 2,048 frequencies. If we work at a 44,100 Hz sampling rate for example, which can therefore represent frequencies up to 22,050 Hz (look up 'Nyquist Frequency theorem' for more information), and we know only 2,048 of them, we are moving in steps of approximately 10 Hz. So we know the volume and phase of 0 Hz, 10 Hz, 20 Hz .. 80 Hz, 90 Hz etc. Now what if we have a sine wave at 85 Hz? The good news is, it doesn't just disappear. The bad news is, it will be 'spread' into the frequencies around it. We can increase the block size to 8192 samples, which makes each step only 5 Hz. The hill in the analysis would look narrower, but that also increases latency, which may not be suitable. We can never solve this problem completely, we can only minimize it.
    So for your precise low-frequency harmonics work you need higher IR length. For mids too, but maybe much lower, for highs - less.
    More IR length, more pre/post-ringings, more delay/more time to wait when it will be processed. Narrower "Q" - more pre/post-ringings (for non-linear (minimum phase mode) more phase shifts, but it is narrow on frequency range), wider "Q" - less pre/post-ringings (for non-linear (minimum phase mode) less phase shifts, but it is wider on frequency range). Smth like that.
    Usually if I work in FIR with lows, low-mids and mids, I use 16k and/or higher. Sometimes 8k (for mids, high-mids, highs). I don't go lower than 8K, but I don't think 4K provides bad results for highs, but to be more "sure", 8K or higher. Don't go crazy high lengths. And don't overdo with linear phase and narrowest "Q" and highest IR length on lows. It kills sound. Simply. Be "optimum, but a bit higher". And for processing: less is more. Good recording, good sound-design, good instruments, good dsp algos, good mixing - so go minimal at mastering, surgically and/or musically, but a "less is more" rule here works better.
    IIR 512 Phase ON - at mixing, usually. Rarer - at mastering.
    FIR - mastering usually. Free phase (mostly linear at high/mid; analogue (put "phase" sliders down) - midlows, lows). FIR as Free Phase (reversed sounds - reversed analog phase; it does preringing for reversed sounds, but minimum phases works too as "in analog" way). FIR in mixing rarely, sometimes linear phase modes works differently while trying to mix for example bass drum and bass drum.
    So a lot depends on material. These are my starting points 80-95%. Sometimes different cases appear.
    Acon Digital Equalize does something cool while using mixed phase mode)
    I can give you also example of VERY OBVIOUS relusts when work in minimum phase vs linear phase modes, to hear HOW IT WORKS with phases.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  18. mild pump milk

It's like analog vs digital, true analog vs emulated by another hardware vs emulated by software...
    I heard a lot mastering stuff with "plugins only" vs "analog gear only". 95% cases (if they try to match plugin mastering with results done with/after analog mastering) is close to "indistinguishable". Who needs this? people who listen to this need "good sound". If it is done fine (performed, roecorded, mixed, mastered) why do we need analog more than digital emulations? Analog is fine. Who said analog should be as a minimum standard to do results. If you did it super with not-so-high-quality plugins, and nobody knows it - who will say to you "Mehh, it is PSP Neon ver1 there, not Equilibrium, I won't listen to that"...Digital goes higher quality and closer to vintage emulations (yeah maybe all 1176 emus are differently and very far from 1176 original hardware, but if this bad "emulation" compresses and squashes super as you want, probably original 1176 may do it another way, maybe worse than emulation). All compressors are different in analog, same with digital. Variety of digital stuff may give you more results, more versions of those tools' performance. One works fine with it, another works good with another sound, digital "Compassion" only works with snare, "1176 HW" slaps this kick only, "1176 SW" are gentler with bass here. No standards here. Only ears.
    And, it was about behaviour variety, now: those mojo/vibe/color/slight harmonics/inaccuracies/noise/hum from gear are too little, but there are. Is there a problem to emulate them? usually (very) close. But people who are listeners: why do we need analog there more than emulated, they even didn't know about what does happen. Many engineers now go hybrid, less analog (for mixing, mastering) and more digital. Now it is 21 century, not 1990s. I hope soon there will be times when "digital are clean for clean results" and "digital = analog 99,99%; for true analog emu". But who said true analog must be everywhere. In any case your waveform will be translated to digital, and you will hear it translated back to analog as an acoustic wave...
    Ohhh, it is like "how I want to watch my TV thru analog, films on VHS, fock HD, 4K, DVD, ultraquality TV-sets!"

Sorry guys, didn't want it) but everything goes higher quality and closer to analog, but too slow. Only music gets crappier and shittier. And it is not about analog or digital, it is about "destroy the sounds, squash, make it harsh.." so adjusting the sound to be spoiled, not HW or SW. And first of all, performance, lyrics, singing girlies etc. not interesting usually, overused sounds, melodies...Not so much new good music.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  19. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

20. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

DMG stuff is usually top quality! That TrackMeter looks sooooooo purdy though!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  21. LALALA

LALALA Kapellmeister

FInally he did this. A lot of ppl request him stratify his monsters (e.g. Dualism).

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List