DMGAudio Limitless, or delete all your go-to limiters!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by mild pump milk, Jan 23, 2016.

1. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Ozone master race :)

I said that i'm happy with it. I'm using it when Ozone for some unknown reason doesn't work for me. With Hard ITP it's the loudest limiter on the market. I love both of them (Ozone and FG-x).

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. noise.maker

noise.maker Platinum Record

Very true. I like only compressor from FG.

3. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I had a similar experience. It felt like I was just randomly moving Shelves and Bell Curves around pulling them down or pushing them up without control of the actual behavior of the selected band. In the End this didn't overwhelm me (yet). I really like the traditional approach of multiband Compression spreading the spectrum across 4 Bands and treating them with 4 Comps with independent controls over Attack, Release, Ratio and Threshold. All those parameters that Limitless doesn't have per band.

Maybe DMG Audio needs to do an in-depth Tutorial of how to use it right.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  4. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

DanielFaraday, did you try AOM Invisible Limiter? It is much more louder, transparent, invisible, with punch, attacks and transients, than FG-X. Limiter in FG-X reminds me an aggressive saturator-limiter))) Slate are cool, but this quality is not finished: no oversampling, for example. They are to be analog in digital. So their fgx limiter is analog style IMHO.

5. DanielFaraday

Yup. It's not the loudest but pretty transparent. Actually they are (limitless and AOM IL) close enough. I'm not sure that i will hear any difference between them.

That's why i love it. Sometimes this filth in high frequencies works for you.

6. Grandy

Grandy Member

maybe you should watch tutorial for fgx from steven slate himself when he pushes gain 10db and the sound is still the same. he uses steven's mastering hard preset

7. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Personally i love this limiter..been runnin it and mixing thru it all day and well what can i say.......WOW!!.....im on a humble setup so of course my opinion could indeed be wrong but it sounded way way better than any of my other limiters...for that reason its my new goto....but were all different huh.........BTW anyone want a voucher code?? i dunno how to put it up so here.its good for another week or so....MJIQLXF5

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I bought it already but thanks for the offer, very kind...And I agree a 100 % with you, it's def the best limiter around !
    Thanks DMG

9. Limiter N°6 works for.me on the oft chance that I actually limit. It does.everything I ask of it. @SineWave ... if you can, carve out a little time with I think you will be all smiles, as it is really a fine piece of software that begs one spend a fair amount of.effort to realize its inner beauty and subsequent reflection of what is asked.of it in the way of the material offered.

10. ScorpionRei

ScorpionRei Noisemaker

Simply the best limiter around!!! DMG Rocks!

11. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Yes i do agree that limiter 6 is actually really good .And where you say "If i actually limit" as i do the same quite often....anywayzzz best of all completely free of charge and to top it off its actually much better than many paid for high end multimode limiters/comps.....as is molot............but ive found that with both units in terms of setting it all up right can be difficult certainly for a noob but well well worth sticking on your master once you get the hang of it..............its freeware ultimatley as you all know but what a damn good bit of free kit huh!!!......went slightly off topic sozz...........Jnx

12. mild pump milk

First beta for next version (possibly 1.01):
    - Massive OpenGL overhaul
    - Disable OpenGL for RTAS
    - Fix denormal in loudness metering issue
    - Optimise hard knee clipping
    - Fix "save as default" button

13. Tag4rce7

Tag4rce7 Noisemaker

Hi guys!

Limitless is an awesome plugin and I really like it! But I have a little question about: I noticed that with limitless I'm able to push the master INSANELY loud without any distortion. This is good, but my question is: Why? Why is the Izotope Ozone Maximizer distorting my audio is I push it too much, and not limitless?

thank you in advance :)

14. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

In both it depends on your setting, at threhold - 20 IRC III balanced in Ozone Maximizer no distortion, but if you put at -20 thrshold in Limitless and agressive setting you'll have distortion too but not in "warm", "smooth", settings etc...It's about fine tuning.
    But you can't edit anything per band in Ozone Maximizer though...

15. mild pump milk

Talmi,
    "Aggressive" setting has been made for Skrillex only) and for all the guys who want their RMS to be louder than peak level :D

16. DanielFaraday

Barely Alive, Excision, Zomboy, Bear Grillz, Knife Party (Pendulum)? If you don't like loud music, it doesn't means that noone likes it. If i can achieve -2 rms without audible artifacts why should i make it quieter?

17. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

You're right...It's not the kind of setting everybody goes for, but Limitless can go there if one needs.

18. mild pump milk

DanielFaraday, I like this music so much and I produce this kind of music.
    These guys just make SO MUCH loud with sometimes NOTICEABLE distortion. Why just they don't want to make a bit quieter to be perfect-sounding? They do professional synthesis, good music ideas, very technical production, good mixing and mastering, but sometimes/almost often "DISTORTEDLY LOUD THAN OTHERS" instead of "VERY LOUD/LOUDER THAN OTHERS", for example Skrillex.

19. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

$450 - it's very funny, of course.
    £120 for "debugging" v1.0 (oups - for "first month blabla" price), but regular is £149.99 (why stupid .99?) = US$ 213.67 (@1.4246) or 197.29 € (@1.3154) for a limiter? :dunno: Very expensive IMHO.
    They're good plugins, however, in particular EQuilibrium.

20. DanielFaraday

Think about it like it's special effort for you. If you feel like you can achieve more clean undistorted sound than they - do it. Do better. Be better.