Distortion pedal vst that dont suck

Discussion in 'Software' started by Neanderthal, Jan 22, 2019.

1. AstralDis

AstralDis Producer

if you want the actual pedal, the MXR Distortion+ is still available, and so is the RAT (varous versions) but wow prices are really at the roof nowadays. I remember buying the Distortion+ for 79 Euros new 12-15years ago. Today: 119 Euro

EDIT: I might have missed a point - as i see it you still look for virtual pedals not actual ones yes?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  2. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

PA do a rat pedal which you could have got for free a few days ago. Maybe next time?

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/bx_blackdist2.html

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  3. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

If you happen to go to Towson State College in Maryland, USA...you may find my RAT pedal under the stage somewhere. I lost mine there in 1986 after a show!

4. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

Tantrum

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

yeah i have the Distortion+ on my wishlist, its 99€ here, but ughhh i need extra cables for it and well i have already so much other stuff laying around in my flat ...

So i would like to have it digital, i know it may not be 100% accurate, but its easier to get ones hands on it if clever made.

Yeah prices went recently up by quite some percents for audio gear and cables, etc. :(

i can have a look at it, i know ways around to make that working, even if it isnt free anymore. thanks for the hint.

6. PifPafPif

PifPafPif Rock Star

BYOD chowdhury is nice to test

7. massgravenimage

massgravenimage Noisemaker

Neural DSP is some of the finest distortion plugins I have heard, Gojira has some models I suppose modeled on the band's tones, for the most part no company has truly been able to replicate what hardware is capable of, but the folks behind the curtain there know what's up. It's unfortunately not

8. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

Was thinking the same, some of the Neural DSP pedals that come with their amps are good enough to stand up as products in their own right, though I do tend to use the delays and reverbs more than distortion.